Mryon's Blog - Getting Virus Crap?

anticallihan

Reaction score
Every-time I try to read it I get wisked to some sort of virusscan crap.

Anyone else?

i get it at kent's football blog (don't know why i still go there?)

Likewise...my computer warns of an "intrusion". It has happened twice. May not visit Myron there anymore.

I think the entire Star Trib website has it. I got it reading a Wittman/McHale story.

Yeah I got it too and it's really aggravating. I use Firefox. I started looking at the blog in my AOL browser and don't get it. I don't know if AOL is blocking it or what, but I view the blog in their embedded browser and haven't got it.

Yeah, I got it too. I didn't know which was worse, the blog or the virus.

Strangely, it happened with my Mac (first time in almost three years I've run into any problem with malware, etc. on the Mac). But I only had a real problem when using Firefox ... my Safari browser was relatively unaffected. Firefox, however, would only display the pop-up window and minimized the main browser window (and all its tabs) where they were out of reach.

I finally sent an e-mail to the Strib and got this response:

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of the problem and are currently working to resolve the issue. We hope to have it fixed as quickly as possible.

Good Strib follow-up

I'll give the Strib's net staff credit for their follow-up. I received a call from a tech who told me that they think they've got the problem isolated. Apparently one of their advertisers switched out their proposed online advertisement for the one that takes you to the "virus scan" site. The Strib asked their advertisers if they had done it -- nobody acknowledged what they had done, so the Strib staff were going through the ads one-by-one to find the culprit.

Getting a phone call with an explanation as to what had happened and what they were doing to resolve the problem = nice service recovery.

Top Bottom