Mr Mn Basketball

I went to the Simley vs So St Paul game and saw Alonzo Dodd play. SoDakSt had someone scouting the game.
Dodd is a nice athlete, but he's not a top dog. He's not a great shooter and he's rather sloppy with his passing, acting as though possessions aren't really that important. I came away thinking he's a kid that might play for St Thomas or some other lower level D1 team. Certainly not someone the Gophers or other B1G teams would be interested in.
Based on one site I saw, he has a few lower level mid-majors who have a general interest and a cursory look from TCU.

Guessing the final five will be Carrington, King, Dodd, Holloman and Blue. Payne just hasn't played enough, but he's been dominant when healthy. Think it will come down to Carrington and King when it's all said and done.

small committee so anything can happen- but i don't see how Tre Holloman doesn't win. Maybe somewhat from a career standpoint-- 4 year starter, leading a big school, 1000 assists, plus the scoring and if you watch more than a couple of minutes you see how he controls the game.
Payne might have a chance based on the big numbers and dominance in the games he has played- just missed too many games at the start of the year.
Carrington's year reminds me of what I thought of Jarvis Johnson's senior year-- he had his scholarship so he really worked hard at making his teammates look better so they got a better offer somewhere. Almost unselfish to a fault. That is based on watching one game and reading recaps and looking at stats. I have not been to every game so may be way off. As a Gopher fan, I hope he can turn it on and average 24 points per game next year.
Eli King seems like the real deal and probably has the best chance of upsetting Tre- but that is an opinion based off of reading other peoples reporting and watching the Caledonia/Totino Grace game on film. Which seemed like one good shot surrounded by a bunch of bad passes and questionable decisions by both teams in the last 3 minutes.

Top Bottom