Movies Everyone Has Seen-Except You

FWIW - saw this thread pop up. just for fun, looked up the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 American movies. (updated in 2007) according to my count, I have seen 75 of them.

among the ones I have Not seen: (at least not from start to finish)

Gone with the Wind
Lawrence of Arabia
Some like it Hot
Double Indemnity (not sure why- I like film noir)
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Philadelphia Story
Shane (another odd omission - I like Westerns)
Saving Private Ryan
Toy Story
Ben-Hur

Every Marvel movie except Black Panther.
Every super hero movie except Spiderman (Tobey McGuire version- I was in high school and all my friends were going so I went with) and Guardians of the Galaxy (my in laws paid to stream it while I was there).

Although I think I saw one of those Superman movies with Christopher Reeve when I was a kid, but I can't really remember it, so I'm not counting that. I do remember some ice-looking palace in the sky with some evil looking dude? I don't know, I was probably 8 at the time.

I caught about 10 mins of The 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston on TV a while back (maybe Easter?). Figure I should probably watch that some time. I'll have to request it from the library.

The Titanic action sequences are actually really good. Back when cable tv was still a thing, I'd catch the disaster scenes every once in a while. Really good movie-making if you skip past the sappy stuff.
I went over to my friends house one day and he was super excited. He showed me that he purchased a VHS copy of Titanic (I had no idea why this would be exciting to any high school aged boy). He then proceeded to show me all of the Kate Winslet nude scenes (he had the timestamp marked down to fast forward to). To this day, that is all I've seen of that movie. Seems like if I watch the rest of it, I'll be let down, so I have no interest in watching it.

FWIW - saw this thread pop up. just for fun, looked up the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 American movies. (updated in 2007) according to my count, I have seen 75 of them.

Gone with the Wind
Lawrence of Arabia
Some like it Hot
The Philadelphia Story
Saving Private Ryan
Toy Story
Ben-Hur
Bridge on the River Kwai is awesome.

I

I knew you'd bite....

No interest.
702a011630473d7dad58f0f3c2ef03be6674f3a7.jpg

Thank you for validating my lack of interest lol.
I saw the trailer and knew I would hate it. My wife wanted to watch it it so we streamed it. I got up off the couch and left the room in twenty minutes. Hated it.

I saw the trailer and knew I would hate it. My wife wanted to watch it it so we streamed it. I got up off the couch and left the room in twenty minutes. Hated it.
My wife saw it while I was camping. I asked her about it. Her exact words were, "you would absolutely hate it."

The past 15 years of super hero movies (outside of a handful).

Way too many for me. I watch maybe 5 movies a month. I’m more of a sports guy

Are you guys afraid you might learn something about yourself if you watch Barbie? :D The social commentary is pretty on point.

Are you guys afraid you might learn something about yourself if you watch Barbie? :D The social commentary is pretty on point.
I watched Barbie on a plane trip, as did my wife (we were in separate rows). When we got off the plane, both of our reviews was that of being underwhelmed. I watched it all the way through, but there were points where it was a bit much and while the social commentary is on point, it wasn't subtle. My Brocrush Gosling knocked it out of the park though.

Last edited:

I watched Barbie on a plane trip, as did my wife (we were in separate rows). When we got off the plane, both of our reviews was that of being underwhelmed. I watched it all the way through, but there were points where it was a bit much and while the social commentary is on point, it wasn't subtle and it was all just a bit much. My Brocrush Gosling knocked it out of the park though.
My wife and I had the exact same thoughts. It was fine, but I won't be returning to it like I do with many movies.

Gone with the Wind
Lawrence of Arabia
Some like it Hot
The Philadelphia Story
Saving Private Ryan
Toy Story
Ben-Hur
Lawrence of Arabia ranks #5 on my All Time Favorite list and Saving Private Ryan is #11, so I highly recommend seeing those above all the others.

It's A Wonderful Life. Hear people talk about it every Christmas. Christmas Vacation, Grinch, and Elf are must sees every year. Maybe I'm missing out?

Last edited:

Lawrence of Arabia ranks #5 on my All Time Favorite list and Saving Private Ryan is #11, so I highly recommend seeing those above all the others.
Would love to see your list...how extensive is it? Top 25? 50? 100?

Would love to see your list...how extensive is it? Top 25? 50? 100?
Actually just 11. In another thread I had originally listed Saving Private Ryan as #10, but then adjusted for another movie I had forgotten to include so that one got pushed to #11.

If you add the Honorable Mentions I rattled off, it's essentially a Top 25 or 26.

Post in thread 'Your favourite movies please!' https://gopherhole.com/boards/threads/your-favourite-movies-please.97121/post-2002542

Top Bottom