Most football coaches could learn a few things from Bill Belichick

sarcasm notwithstanding, I would say that one of the most important things for a successful coach is to know who you are.

Belichick knows who he is and he doesn't try to be like anyone else.

Now, having said that, other coaches can certainly learn from Belichick, but that does not mean that they should try to be a clone of Belichick. Just because it works for him doesn't mean that the same approach will work for you.

sarcasm notwithstanding, I would say that one of the most important things for a successful coach is to know who you are.

Belichick knows who he is and he doesn't try to be like anyone else.

Now, having said that, other coaches can certainly learn from Belichick, but that does not mean that they should try to be a clone of Belichick. Just because it works for him doesn't mean that the same approach will work for you.
What about Matt LeFleur?

One of his strengths, is that he is not a micromanager of people. He's not a dictator. His only rules are 'show up on time' and 'do your job.'

He trusts his players to be responsible for their jobs and that's why people like to play for him.

The way you practice at anything, is going to be the way you play the game. Therefore, he runs a tight ship in practice. Some players complain about that forgetting that's why they perform as well as they do in a game. These guys are professionals, they should be able to concentrate for 2- 3 hours a day at their job.

I feel like this thread concept may have jumped the shark with this one.

One of his strengths, is that he is not a micromanager of people. He's not a dictator. His only rules are 'show up on time' and 'do your job.'

He trusts his players to be responsible for their jobs and that's why people like to play for him.
I think he also picks guys who can do that thing.

Hoodies is the secret.
The other day, I noticed my favorite Gopher hoodie came out of the wash with the collar torn.
I told my wife "the washing machine Belichicked my sweatshirt!" She's not a huge football fan, but she understood immediately what I meant.

Top Bottom