Morgan Drafted! To the USFL

Will Morgan report?

If i were any College player, would not sign any USFL deal until I had an agent find out my NFL draft status or likelihood of signing UDFA deal.

If i were any College player, would not sign any USFL deal until I had an agent find out my NFL draft status or likelihood of signing UDFA deal.
They own his rights, so I wonder how this is all going to work.

Lindsey Scott of Incarnate word, and Chase Brice of Appalachian State were the two qb's taken ahead of him.

Never even heard of USFL.

Morgan must really wanted to continue to play football anywhere.

There's always the Canadian league if needed.
giphy.gif

I have never seen a USFL game so I have no idea what a second or third-string QB might make.
But it is better than nothing.
Morgan has no chance of getting on an NFL team.

I have never seen a USFL game so I have no idea what a second or third-string QB might make.
Did you ever think David Blough would make an NFL team? You never know.

How does this work? Does a player have to make themselves eligible for their draft or is anyone available and the teams just pick who they think they have a realistic chance of signing.

$5350 a week minimum. And he still would be done in time for NFL camps
It would be interesting if a NFL team drafted or UDFA signed Tanner and also let him play the USFL season. For a developmental rookie QB it would make sense to let him have the reps. USFL season starts roughly 2 weeks before the NFL Draft.

How does this work? Does a player have to make themselves eligible for their draft or is anyone available and the teams just pick who they think they have a realistic chance of signing.
I did a few minutes of googling so naturally I’m an expert on the subject now. It looks like players can still be drafted by an NFL team or go the UDFA route. USFL teams try to draft borderline players they think will stick with the USFL.

Something interesting I read about the USFL draft order:

To incentivize winning in the late stages of the season, the two lowest teams in the USFL standings battle for the first overall pick in the final week of regular season play. Last year, the 1-8 Michigan Panthers took down the 1-8 Pittsburgh Maulers to secure the first selection of the Season 2 draft.

Is that better than just moving on with your life and starting the next chapter, perhaps as a coach (if that's what he wants to do)?

A guy who suffered two concussions last season?

Yeah, I'm sure it's tough to let go. Playing pretty well in the bowl game probably didn't help that.

Interesting

Attachments

• DB3825B0-D815-48D0-A56D-978C772A458F.jpeg
    DB3825B0-D815-48D0-A56D-978C772A458F.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 21

Is that better than just moving on with your life and starting the next chapter, perhaps as a coach (if that's what he wants to do)?

A guy who suffered two concussions last season?

Yeah, I'm sure it's tough to let go. Playing pretty well in the bowl game probably didn't help that.
For a lot of people, yes. The next phase of his life will always be sitting there, it's awesome to get a chance at playing professional football.

I trust Tanner will know what's best for him.

Top Bottom