Morgan could learn a few things from Mahomes.

This might be as stupid as the Aaron Rogers thread. Oh wait, this one wins.

This might be as stupid as the Aaron Rogers thread. Oh wait, this one wins.
old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

I just don’t think understand why Tanner hasn’t just chosen to be Tom Brady yet…

/s

We should run the offense the St. Louis Rams did in 1999.
I mean if we are going to run an offense from that time period may as well just do what the Vikings did in 1998. That offense worked great, not sure why we don't just do that. :)

I mean if we are going to run an offense from that time period may as well just do what the Vikings did in 1998. That offense worked great, not sure why we don't just do that. :)
I’d prefer to emulate an offense that actually won a championship. 😉

I’d prefer to emulate an offense that actually won a championship. 😉
Fair, but the offense wasn't what kept that 98 team from winning the chapionship. Just seems like the Gophers could learn something from what that team did and emulate it. Can't be that hard, just need a QB with a canon for an arm and a couple of HOF WRs to go along with a great RB.

Fair, but the offense wasn't what kept that 98 team from winning the chapionship. Just seems like the Gophers could learn something from what that team did and emulate it. Can't be that hard, just need a QB with a canon for an arm and a couple of HOF WRs to go along with a great RB.
I blame it on the bizarre decision to take a knee despite having the most prolific offense in the league!

I’m watching some of his highlights and he does some stuff Morgan should do. Just saying.
I think you're on to something here. If each player will commit to watching an elite level NFLer at their position, and doing the exact same things, I think we'd be unstoppable next year.

Have we head a good explication why Trey with all that time on his hands didn’t start a band and just tour with Rihanna and make some extra money and donate it to the U?

/s

There may be a germ of reality in the OP.

You can't turn Tanner Morgan into Pat Mahomes - but you can help Morgan be the best possible version of Tanner Morgan. That's called coaching.

IMHO, one of the keys to a successful coach is to evaluate a player, determine what he does well, and what he doesn't do well.

then, you ask that player to do the things he does well, and you don't ask him to do the things he doesn't do well.

when Duante Culpepper was the Vikes' QB, there were reports that the OC simplified the offense to give Duante fewer reads and help him make quicker decisions. and they got results.

for the Gophers, Morgan is who he is. when put in the right situation, he has shown that he can be a very effective QB. So, the coaches need to put him in the right situation - and I do NOT think that Sanford was able to do that the last two years.

What if, and hear me out here, he could also control the defensive line like Aaron Donald? Just play both ways. Win win.
I watched Akiem Hicks destroy the IOL of the Vikings last night. He made a play where he stood up Mason Cole and then chased down Dalvin Cook. It just pissed me off. WTF doesn't Joe Rossi teach our DTs to be that strong and fast. It's just f'n stupid. He needs to change his best.

He could get a zillion dollar NIL deal from State Farm.

Top Bottom