Mo is coming back!

Jeez, man. C'mon. At least try to keep up...

Every thread, on every fan board ever , is ultimately about:

1) Change the QB

2) Offensive play calling "sucks"

3) Fire the offensive coordinator.

Whoops, I forgot:

4) Why don't we throw to the tight ends?

I can assure you we don't talk about this on the KC Chiefs boards :ROFLMAO:

Come check it out it's like opposite world

Four RBs on scholarship wound be extremely thin. Could be a disaster in the making for a run-heavy, pass-timid team. During 2021 spring practice, the working assumption was that the Gophers could enter the 2021 fall season with 7 scholarship RBs:
1. Mo; 2. Trey; 3. Wiley; 4. Williams; 5. Williamson; 6. Thomas; 7. Irving. Contribution was also expected from w/o Preston Jelen.
Next year, I would be real happy with Williams’ coming back (if it fits with PJ’s needs). Bryce is a savvy veteran player. Not flashy but solid and dependable in all phases. And not a prima donna.
Greats points and post.

OK, I was wrong.

Garbage time has it's merits I guess, but the Iowa game was a missed golden opportunity. There have been others. Most good coaches keep an eye on the future. Fleck is laser focused on the present.

Fleck's a smart guy though. Having a rookie, zero experience QB is a built in excuse for the future.
Yeah.

Fleck knew 2020 was going to be a bad year with guys opting out and injuries, and was hoping the season would get cancelled.

In 2022, he can throw a guy like Athan in there, get him experience, and blame that & rebuilding on a 6-6 season.

Welcome back Mo!!!

Lingering questions:

1. What is the Offensive Line going to look like?
2. Will Tanner Morgan return next year? If not, who will be the Quarterback?
3. Who will be the Offensive Coordinator?
4. What will the Defensive Line look like after Pinckney, Mafe, Martin, and others are gone?
5. Are the Defensive Secondary going to look better?

Last edited:

3. Who will the Offensive Coordinator?
230114_908223010.png

Garbage time has it's merits I guess, but the Iowa game was a missed golden opportunity. There have been others. Most good coaches keep an eye on the future. Fleck is laser focused on the present.

Fleck's a smart guy though. Having a rookie, zero experience QB is a built in excuse for the future.
I wouldn’t give much credence to that excuse. A team should always have at least one capable back up. Game experience is somewhat overrated to me.

Then it would be just fine for us. Glad you agreed.
It’s fine. It’s fine if we don’t either, like I said it isn’t really important to redshirt Irving. I’d rather we just use him, he could have an important role even if it is smaller.

like I said it isn’t really important to redshirt
Then no P5's would redshirt anyone, particularly RBs. You've been proven wrong.

That said, there is no "proof" that redshirting him is the "correct" decision. There would be not a single thing wrong with it, if that's what they decided to do.

I hope next year the OC can incorporate some occasional two back sets. He can go back to some old 70's and 80's play books for ideas.

I hope next year the OC can incorporate some occasional two back sets. He can go back to some old 70's and 80's play books for ideas.
That seems the direction we're going. Maybe we'll see the Golden Wishbone in the coming years.

Then no P5's would redshirt anyone, particularly RBs. You've been proven wrong.

That said, there is no "proof" that redshirting him is the "correct" decision. There would be not a single thing wrong with it, if that's what they decided to do.
You don’t make any sense and certainly aren’t proving anything. You just said I’ve been proven wrong then repeated my point. But go ahead and get your last word in. ;)

then repeated my point.
Your point was "There would be not a single thing wrong with [redshirting Irving next season], if that's what they decided to do"?

Then you were secretly agreeing with me, the whole time I guess.

Hmmm, wouldn’t be surprised if one of Ky/Bucky transfers…really think they are both gonna wanna sit behind Mo and each other? Or get <10 carries a game?
I may have known more than I let on…

For what it is worth, would prefer two seasons of each over one of Ibrahim. This sucks but was inevitable.

For what it is worth, would prefer two seasons of each over one of Ibrahim. This sucks but was inevitable.
If he left because of lack of carries, it was a poor decision. He'd have gotten 100+ here next year. That is definitely enough to demonstrate value to the folks at the next level and it gives you the added bonus of having less miles on your tires.

Mo close to 100% is more of a game changer than Thomas in my opinion. Give me a year of Mo. Fleck brought them all here, no reason to think he won't continue landing equally talented RBs.

The problem is RBs rarely come back to “close to 100%” after Achilles tears.
There's not very many examples of RBs tearing their Achilles in general. Before you bring up the NFL list 80% of those guys were going to be out of the league regardless of Achilles injuries. That's just the life of NFL running backs.

Was watching the Rams-Cardinals game tonight and learned that Rams RB Cam Akers came back from a torn achilles this season. Look at this timeline!!! (from: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/cam-akers-injury-rams-playoffs/19ex8gobew72g1eh60zbquab4y)

From the little bit I've seen, Akers looks good out there. So maybe there's hope for a 100% full recovery for Mo and in time for the start of next season.

Cam Akers injury timeline​

— July 20, 2021: Akers suffers a torn Achilles while training for the 2021 NFL season. It is reported that the Rams running back will miss the campaign because of it.

— Dec. 26, 2021: The Rams surprisingly activate Akers from IR after designating him for return. It is believed that this move is being made to give Akers a pension credit for the season despite the fact that he hasn't played for the Rams.

— Dec. 28, 2021: Coach Sean McVay announces that Akers could have a chance to play. for the Rams during the final two weeks of the 2022 NFL season.

Was watching the Rams-Cardinals game tonight and learned that Rams RB Cam Akers came back from a torn achilles this season. Look at this timeline!!! (from: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/cam-akers-injury-rams-playoffs/19ex8gobew72g1eh60zbquab4y)

From the little bit I've seen, Akers looks good out there. So maybe there's hope for a 100% full recovery for Mo and in time for the start of next season.

— July 20, 2021: Akers suffers a torn Achilles while training for the 2021 NFL season. It is reported that the Rams running back will miss the campaign because of it.

— Dec. 26, 2021: The Rams surprisingly activate Akers from IR after designating him for return. It is believed that this move is being made to give Akers a pension credit for the season despite the fact that he hasn't played for the Rams.

— Dec. 28, 2021: Coach Sean McVay announces that Akers could have a chance to play. for the Rams during the final two weeks of the 2022 NFL season.
Akers was very explosive tonight. No sign of having had serious injury six months ago.

The ESPN announcers quoted his surgeon as saying "repairing an Achilles tear is like stitching together two mop heads" to describe just how delicate and exact the procedure is.

Top Bottom