Mo Ibrahim not named finalist for Doak Walker Award

Unfortunately plays for the worst team of the 4 players this year. He wins the award possibly if we are playing this coming weekend.
Mo and Corum have very similar numbers so not surprising he gets the nod given he plays for a team in the CFP hunt. The other two (Brown, Robinson) are active parts of their teams passing game which gives them 1800+ yards from scrimmage on the season.

Mo probably just missed the cut.

Mo and Corum have very similar numbers so not surprising he gets the nod given he plays for a team in the CFP hunt. The other two (Brown, Robinson) are active parts of their teams passing game which gives them 1800+ yards from scrimmage on the season.

Mo probably just missed the cut.
And none of their teams relied on the RB as much as we did. Can you imagine how many yard Mo would get if opposing D's couldn't constantly stack the box?

And none of their teams relied on the RB as much as we did. Can you imagine how many yard Mo would get if opposing D's couldn't constantly stack the box?
Yep, no doubt Mo is an amazing RB.....but the others on this list are pretty damn good too. Unfortunate that he isn't going to win it but not terribly surprising either.

Unfortunately plays for the worst team of the 4 players this year. He wins the award possibly if we are playing this coming weekend.
Gopher record is tied with Illinois and UT. And I'd debate UT being better than MN. Rankings are bs in the case of UT every time.

All three finalists are really good. Corum and Robinson are fantastic. In my not so unbiased opinion....Ibrahim absolutely deserved to be on the list above Chase Brown.

Stats wise looks like Robinson should win.

Mo might have gotten screwed by having 2 others from the B10? Agree his stats are better than Brown and Mo deserves it more.

Really disappointed, very much deserved to be at a minimum a finalist. Would love to see the YAC on all these guys. Mo is a beast.

Hands down should’ve been in over Brown, who also played all 12 games. The per game stats Mo demolishes him

Not surprising. Already have B10 RBs from more successful teams or those that beat us. That said - Mo is a beast and I hope he takes it personally come bowl time.

All three finalists are really good. Corum and Robinson are fantastic. In my not so unbiased opinion....Ibrahim absolutely deserved to be on the list above Chase Brown.
Agreed. Mo probably should have been in top 3. I love me some Mo but its a two man race between Corum and Robinson. They are on a next level than Mo.

What matters is he will be playing on Sundays.

Wow. Given the totality of Mo, all he has done, all he has meant, and just how much he's carried this team on his back it is really, really tough to leave him off this list. He's certainly got the measurables, the tangible numbers that anyone can see, but beyond that just look at the intangibles- his leadership ability (off the fricken CHARTS), his fierce will to win and to never, ever give up, his spirit, his drive, his relentlessly hard work, the fact that he came back from such a devastating injury possibly even better and stronger than he'd been before, and his fundamental goodness and sweetness as a person, as measured by the fact that he is absolutely universally beloved, by his teammates, his coaches, and all Gopher fans. You want the definition of character, fuckin'-A, just take a look at Mo. He's the living definition of that word.

I don't give a shit if he's not playing in some playoff or championship game, this man is a champion, and we have been utterly blessed to have him here. He has been a constant ray of light in a sometimes dimmed room, and may God bless him always.

I love you, Mo, and hope you realize just how much you'll be missed.

Put Mo behind the Mich. offensive line, he would double his yardage.

Top Bottom