MNSnowman is retired

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
I'm back ... as we move into August, I find my interest in both the football and basketball seasons is coming out of a slumber. Snowmen are notorious for making themselves absent during the heated summer days out of pure self-existence. ;)

So, while I would check in every week or so, I'll probably be visiting more frequently and even posting a bit as the days shorten and the seasons begin. I'm probably going to mostly limit my time and energy to the sports boards -- the off-topic board seems to have grown more and more toxic and less and less interesting.

But I have decided to retire my nom-de-keyboard (MNSnowman). There's several reasons but the primary reason is I've gotten tired of the "shoot and run" nature of the Internet. I think that the anonymity of the 'net has corroded the level of discussion and the way we interact with each other. It's easy to take a cheap shot at another person when you use a moniker and I've decided I'm going to be accountable for things that I write and express.

YMMV and I'm not asking anyone else to drop their moniker(s). But it just seems right for me to do so and to do it when I'm returning to a more active role on the board.

Great to have you back - it's not the same without you.

Go Gophers!!

Even a conservative can heartily welcome you back where you belong.

Hope to see you at the new stadium..

We're in Section 214, row 21. Alec wanted to sit as close to Bob as he could and that's where they'd ended up.

Is your dad planning to attend? Where did you wind up?

We're in Section 214, row 21. Alec wanted to sit as close to Bob as he could and that's where they'd ended up.

Is your dad planning to attend? Where did you wind up?

Great to have you back! You will be just 2 sections over from us in 216!

Welcome back Mr. Mons. I'm excited for "predict the score" already (even though I'm terrible at it).

Mr. Mons,
Will you still be running the PPD this season or will that contest be retired with MNSnowman?

I'm planning on having both Pick per Day and Predict the Score back this year ... and expanding Predict the Score to the football season as well. Details are still being worked out.

Top Bottom