MN Daily | Gophers football’s loss to Bowling Green among the worst in program history

I hope Fleck looks at the non-conference numbers and realizes how he coaches against non-conference teams is not elite in any way. Something needs to change there and I hope they will address that this offseason, as we can't continue to experience this year in and year out.
Excellent post. Look at those scores and compare them against what other power 5 teams do against these type of teams. Way too many nail-biters in what should be "stat padding" games.

Regarding South Dakota, I thought maybe that was a fluke. Two weeks later, when we were literally owned by Jerry Kill's NIU team, is when I felt the bottom was. Of course, it still got worse a few weeks later when there were about 15K in the stands watching Ohio State finish a drubbing.....

But then the last two weeks, they somehow found a way to beat a bowl bound Illinois & beat Iowa....so there always is hope......and hope is a good thing!
... they fired their coach. That's how they found a way to win those games.

Excellent post. Look at those scores and compare them against what other power 5 teams do against these type of teams. Way too many nail-biters in what should be "stat padding" games.
Nothing about PJ Fleck is elite. From what we've seen, he's a solidly above average coach.

Top Bottom