Mississippi State RB Kylin Hill: "Either change the flag or I won’t be representing this State anymore & I meant that .. I’m tired "

That's what you see? You are a bigger part of the problem than the solution.

I doubt that, buddy. There are at least two posters on this thread who are saying (to paraphrase): "This kid needs to shut up because he knew what he was getting into going to Mississippi State." In essence, this black kid is just "trying to be woke" and shouldn't voice his feelings/opinion.

Show me differently.

It’s too bad the confederate flag has such negative connotations. It’s a beautiful flag. So is the Mississippi flag. Wish society could agree as a whole to detach the racial history tied to it

I doubt that, buddy. There are at least two posters on this thread who are saying (to paraphrase): "This kid needs to shut up because he knew what he was getting into going to Mississippi State." In essence, this black kid is just "trying to be woke" and shouldn't voice his feelings/opinion.

Show me differently.
Right, you seem very rational and open minded on this subject. I'll get right on that.

Right, you seem very rational and open minded on this subject. I'll get right on that.

I'm not sure what you're not comprehending about the below comments?

" Um, is he not giving them an ultimatum? Change it or i'll leave? Yet HE'S the one who chose to attend Miss State, not like, 12 years ago but less than 4. And if his convictions were that strong, then a whatever excuse you laid out is moot. I'm going to guess he had no idea what the Mississippi flag even looked like before hand, kind of like 99% of even Minnesotans had no idea what Calvin Griffith said 42 years ago. The 'im woke now' crowd is actually becoming quite tiring... "

There is no arguing that the above says that Kylin Hill shouldn't be expressing his opinion/beliefs because he is the one who chose to go to school at Miss State. But if you're actually trying to argue that blacks specifically have not had their voices oppressed in this country for centuries, you're more obtuse than I thought.

The whole point here is who are any of us to tell this kid when and how he can express his feelings/opinions/beliefs? There is no statute of limitations on that right. Just because a person feels one way 2 years ago, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to feel another way 2 years later. It's called personal evolution.

The whole idea that some white dude on a message board is getting "tired" because there is finally enough noise to create some momentum for change is really kind of symbolic of the whole uphill battle that minorities (but especially blacks) are facing in this country. Basically, for a percentage of people, this protest, this uprising, this social movement is just a nuisance to their daily lives. They'd rather not have to hear about it or read about it. I mean, what's all the hubbub about anyway, right? Things have been juuuuuust fiiiine from their perspective for the past 50 years.

If that doesn't support what I said, I'm at a loss.

I feel like a psychic... I don't even have to read a post to figure out who will like it. All I have to do is look at who posted it. Echo chamber much?

Beautiful as it represents hate as it does? I suppose you like the Nazi flag too.
No, I truly mean that it’s a nice looking flag. Like I’ve always thought it’s a cool flag, since I was little. There are horrible countries out there that have cool looking flags. Why do you have to add more to this than what I said?

He had 1300+ rushing yards last year. Perhaps they should change the flag, but it’s not going to happen prior to the start of the season. Does this mean he won’t be reporting to camp?

They have a back up flag in MS for people and businesses to use

He had 1300+ rushing yards last year. Perhaps they should change the flag, but it’s not going to happen prior to the start of the season. Does this mean he won’t be reporting to camp?
I bet he doesn’t follow through on his threat

The Confederate Battle Flag is the one that raises all the fuss. But the actual flag of the CSA was different. Here it is.

1592962583219.png

Remember when they removed the battle flag emblem from the Georgia state flag? Well, here's the Georgia state flag today.

1592962642404.png

Interesting how nobody even bothers to notice. I am hoping this will cause a few Bulldog commits to say forget it, and come north to wear the 'M'.

Last edited:

The Confederate Battle Flag is the one that raises all the fuss. But the actual flag of the CSA was different. Here it is.

View attachment 8477

Remember when they removed the battle flag emblem from the Georgia state flag? Well, here's the Georgia state flag today.

View attachment 8478

Interesting how nobody even bothers to notice.

Yup, they briefly had a flag that paid no homage to Confederacy but it was short lived when they changed governor's

Probably bit of a compromise for those pissed that the flag they adopted in 1956 was replaced by a Democrat governor.

No, I truly mean that it’s a nice looking flag. Like I’ve always thought it’s a cool flag, since I was little. There are horrible countries out there that have cool looking flags. Why do you have to add more to this than what I said?
When I see a flag representing hate, I don't vision cool, I see hate, torture and whatever other adjective you want to use. You and I see things differently in our minds apparently.

I feel like a psychic... I don't even have to read a post to figure out who will like it. All I have to do is look at who posted it. Echo chamber much?
I don't understand what exactly you mean, but aren't you describing your own echo chamber?

I'm not sure what you're not comprehending about the below comments?

" Um, is he not giving them an ultimatum? Change it or i'll leave? Yet HE'S the one who chose to attend Miss State, not like, 12 years ago but less than 4. And if his convictions were that strong, then a whatever excuse you laid out is moot. I'm going to guess he had no idea what the Mississippi flag even looked like before hand, kind of like 99% of even Minnesotans had no idea what Calvin Griffith said 42 years ago. The 'im woke now' crowd is actually becoming quite tiring... "

There is no arguing that the above says that Kylin Hill shouldn't be expressing his opinion/beliefs because he is the one who chose to go to school at Miss State. But if you're actually trying to argue that blacks specifically have not had their voices oppressed in this country for centuries, you're more obtuse than I thought.

The whole point here is who are any of us to tell this kid when and how he can express his feelings/opinions/beliefs? There is no statute of limitations on that right. Just because a person feels one way 2 years ago, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to feel another way 2 years later. It's called personal evolution.

The whole idea that some white dude on a message board is getting "tired" because there is finally enough noise to create some momentum for change is really kind of symbolic of the whole uphill battle that minorities (but especially blacks) are facing in this country. Basically, for a percentage of people, this protest, this uprising, this social movement is just a nuisance to their daily lives. They'd rather not have to hear about it or read about it. I mean, what's all the hubbub about anyway, right? Things have been juuuuuust fiiiine from their perspective for the past 50 years.

If that doesn't support what I said, I'm at a loss.
Dude, it's Spoof.

The pleasure he gets out of posting on GH is agitating and frustrating other posters. He never offers solutions of his own, he never offers opinions of his own, he never takes a stand. He just says whatever he thinks will frustrate you the most. He's a jackass.

Dude, it's Spoof.

The pleasure he gets out of posting on GH is agitating and frustrating other posters. He never offers solutions of his own, he never offers opinions of his own, he never takes a stand. He just says whatever he thinks will frustrate you the most. He's a jackass.
I mean, his moniker dude. I can tell you Spoofin does all of those things, just in moderation.

Hmmmm....

So stupid and silly for Kylin Hill to speak his mind on this. Looks like it just got no support from the million-dollar coaches and administrators. ?

Hmmmm....

So stupid and silly for Kylin Hill to speak his mind on this. Looks like it just got no support from the million-dollar coaches and administrators. ?
Wealthy white racist good ole boys in Miss will dismiss Kiffen and Leach as “outsiders” who “didn’t grow up here and don’t value our traditions”.

Just look up "The Lost Cause - Civil War" and you will get a better understanding of the real history behind all of the monuments and symbols.

Another recommendation is to watch the recent 3-part mini series about "Grant" on the history channel.

Just look up "The Lost Cause - Civil War" and you will get a better understanding of the real history behind all of the monuments and symbols.

Another recommendation is to watch the recent 3-part mini series about "Grant" on the history channel.

Every white Southern Family lost multiple fathers, sons, uncles, cousins in the Civil War. Their vivid memory built the monuments, their fading memory won't resist much to see them come down.

I hear they are going to put a huge number "50" in bold black type on a field of red.

Simple, memorable, and pays homage to their typical placement in a list of states ranked by health, economic, or educational measures.

To me this is a way of peacefully protesting. The same people who are saying what he’s doing is wrong are probably the same people who called for rioting to stop and for people to peacefully protest. And they are the same people who just wish everything would go back to normal.

Last edited:

Every white Southern Family lost multiple fathers, sons, uncles, cousins in the Civil War. Their vivid memory built the monuments, their fading memory won't resist much to see them come down.
A lot of Northern white families lost multiple fathers, sons, uncles and cousins in the Civil War, too. I guess that's kind of lost in this whole racism thing.

And every black southern family lost even more while in slavery. I don't want to get too far off track, but it is very easy to learn about why those monuments were erected.

A lot of Northern white families lost multiple fathers, sons, uncles and cousins in the Civil War, too. I guess that's kind of lost in this whole racism thing.

Most Confederate sympathizers I've met were doing it out of honor for great-great grandpappy, because they loved Daisy Duke, or do stick their finger in they eye of the New York Times.

That's simply not true in 90% of the cases.

Top Bottom