Minnesota's Big 10 Home Schedule

DL65

Reaction score
Which Big 10 home game(s) at TCF Bank Stadium are you looking forward to the most and your order of importance? (Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois.) My selection:

1) Iowa (Keep Floyd in its pleasant surroundings.)

2) Wisconsin (Bring home the Axe!)

3) Nebraska (Stop the losing streak to the Cornhuskers. Last win was in 1960.)

4) Illinois (Who doesn't like beating the Illini?)

Go Gophers!!

1. Wisconsin - Nothing is better than beating the badgers
2. Nebraska - Never seen them live.
3. Iowa - My second most hated team, right behind WI
4. Illinois - No strong feelings either way.

Wisconsin: B/c I hate them the most
Nebraska: I have a good fan who is a NU alum and now lives in Lincoln. I'm excited to start our new tradition where each of us attends the away game courtesy of the other.
Iowa: Will return to #2 in future seasons. The hate will flow nicely
4: Illinois: Meh.

I already hated Nebraska with the fury of a thousand Purdues, so it's going to be a natural progression for me to ramp up my hatred even more. I've got no problem with Illinois. Their 1989 men's hoops team is far and away my favorite non-Gopher squad in the history of the conference.

1. Wisconsin (It is not close)
2. Iowa
3. Nebraska
4. Illinois

I hate hate hate Wisconsin. I hate Bielama. Get the Axe back!

1a. Iowa
1b. Wisconsin
1c. Nebraska
Very distant 4th - Illinois

I have a tough time separating the other three because I hate Iowa and Wisconsin SO BAD but I am really anxious to see NE. I moved NE slightly down just because after this year I don't see them maintaining that level. Is Illinois still a B1G school??? :)

So much to dislike and so little time...

Iowa/Wiscy => Must keep Floyd, Need the Axe and throw in the slab of bacon
NE => really want Kill to get this thing going so we can make this a great rivalry.
IL=> always good to win a B1G game

Wisco, Neb, Iowa, Ill. I'm really interested in the Nebraska game vibe and look forward to Pellini blowing a gasket on at least one occasion during the game (hopefully).

A bit off topic, but I'm also very much looking forward to the non-con schedule and seeing the Gophers actually blow out a lesser talented team again (hopefully). That was one of my biggest pet peeves about Brew -- that he played down to lesser teams and never really blew anyone out.

A bit off topic, but I'm also very much looking forward to the non-con schedule and seeing the Gophers actually blowing out a lesser talented team again (hopefully). That was one of my biggest pet peaves about Brew -- that he played down to lesser teams and never really blew anyone out.

+1. Could not agree more and I hope they lay 50 on the Bison this year.

Three of the four will be well attended and the fourth could be if we have a relatively good season. Weather and apathy may result in a sparse crowd for Illinois. I figure we'll get a lot of Nebraska and Wisconsin people and fewer Iowa this year. I really can't decide, but maybe I'm most excited for Wisconsin, since I don't believe they're going to be as good as some people might think they are.

I love every home game, but to choose...

1) Wisconsin (I hate Iowa more, but hate Brat Bulimia worse)
2) Iowa (Keep waiting to see picture below live)
3) Nebraska (I saw Big Red in the 1970's; looking forward to new creative Gopherhole insults as conference foe)
4) Illinois (We seem to have their number)

Attachments

• iowa-pregame1.jpg
    iowa-pregame1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 28

Most important home game victory IMO is non-conference NDSU. #1 priority
Big 10 Games
1) Iowa (more realistic than Axe)
2) Illinois (last game really important)
3) Wisconsin ( would be greatest win of year)
4) Nebraska ( biggest upset of year)

One trophy win would be great. Either Iowa or Wisconsin would be very good accomplishment. Both wins would be unbelievable.

Most important home game victory IMO is non-conference NDSU. #1 priority
Big 10 Games
1) Iowa (more realistic than Axe)
2) Illinois (last game really important)
3) Wisconsin ( would be greatest win of year)
4) Nebraska ( biggest upset of year)

One trophy win would be great. Either Iowa or Wisconsin would be very good accomplishment. Both wins would be unbelievable.

You have to be kidding me right? A home game against a 1-AA team is "the most important home game and #1 priority." What the?

I do not care about past results against the Dakota schools, there is no way no how this is the most important home game. To think that way is rather defeatest and embarrassing.

Agreed. Who gives a rip about NDSU? If they win, it means we are tragically bad. If the Gophers win, it means nothing other than the W (that is, whoopy doopy do, we beat a lower tiered team).

WI - f'ing bucky (worst state ever)
IA - perky makes it a close 2nd
NE - huck the fuskers (revenge)
IL - ho hum

Agreed. Who gives a rip about NDSU? If they win, it means we are tragically bad. If the Gophers win, it means nothing other than the W (that is, whoopy doopy do, we beat a lower tiered team).

IMO - We cannot afford another loss to a Dakota School. I want the border battles to be with Iowa and Wisconsin again. Thats why that is so important to me. 1st things 1st - then Iowa + Wisconsin. I do think we can beat Iowa again this year and compete (at least) with Wisconsin here. I really am more optimistic than lots of posters on this board. I will attend every home game with the hope of a victory.

IMO - We cannot afford another loss to a Dakota School. I want the border battles to be with Iowa and Wisconsin again. Thats why that is so important to me. 1st things 1st - then Iowa + Wisconsin. I do think we can beat Iowa again this year and compete (at least) with Wisconsin here. I really am more optimistic than lots of posters on this board. I will attend every home game with the hope of a victory.

Uffda-- I catch your drift but, for the sake of argument, in the end, would you rather have a loss to NDSU and a win versus WI? Or a loss to WI and win against NDSU?

I listened to the Iowa/Wisky game last Fall driving back from TCF and, believe it or not, I was pullling for the Hogeyes to win. (I can't believe I really said that!)

WI
Iowa
Huskers
Illini

Uffda-- I catch your drift but, for the sake of argument, in the end, would you rather have a loss to NDSU and a win versus WI? Or a loss to WI and win against NDSU?

I want both wins -- however I would rather have a win over Wisconsin. That would be awesome! That would help me get over the NDSU game. I also catch your drift and want the axe back more than anything. I just don't want NDSU to be taken lightly. I trust our coaches won't allow that to happen.

I want the border battles to be with Iowa and Wisconsin again.

I also get your overall drift, but when it comes to this point they still are. Only deluded Bison fans think otherwise.

Top Bottom