Minnesota/Wisconsin on ESPN

gophersfan

Reaction score
it will be a ESPN game with Dave Pasch, Bob Griese, Chris Spielman on the call.

I will second that. Listening to him during the Cal game was agonizing.

I don't care who the broadcast team is. We are on National TV for great exposure. I can always turn down the volume, watch the game on TV, and listen to the radio. Go Gophers!!!!!

I don't care who the broadcast team is. We are on National TV for great exposure. I can always turn down the volume, watch the game on TV, and listen to the radio. Go Gophers!!!!!

Are you sure that would be any better?

I didn't say it was better, I just said I have options.

3 out of 5 games this season so far have been on ESPN...SWEET!!!

FYI

College Gameday is in Chestnut Hill for Florida State (2-2, 0-1) @ Boston College (3-1, 1-1). Snore!!!!! Our game with the red menace and Cal hosting USC are both better games in my opinion. Although maybe Cal's performance Saturday lost them the bid and there might be some dumb rule about having the location be in the same conference as last week.

College Gameday is in Chestnut Hill for Florida State (2-2, 0-1) @ Boston College (3-1, 1-1). Snore!!!!! Our game with the red menace and Cal hosting USC are both better games in my opinion. Although maybe Cal's performance Saturday lost them the bid and there might be some dumb rule about having the location be in the same conference as last week.

it's a tv show ran by espn. how could it have rules?

I guess Florida State being SONNED by South Florida didn't sway their opinion on FSU.......

Hopefully I'll have kicked this sickness by then, but either way I'll be at the game loosing my voice along with 50,804 other GOPHER fans. Have fun becky, hope you have some KY handy.

I believe if I'm not mistaken, they don't do College Gameday for day games, only ones that are 7pm starts. So once our game was set for 11am, that pretty much eliminated that one. Shocked the Cal game isn't the one chosen though, even with their performance. They're still ranked, and playing media darling USC.

Turning the volume down and listening to the radio was great when Ray was calling the games, not so great now. In any case, it's become impractical: I've found that the TV is delayed by a few seconds, so you hear the results on the radio before you actually see them on TV.

I believe if I'm not mistaken, they don't do College Gameday for day games, only ones that are 7pm starts. So once our game was set for 11am, that pretty much eliminated that one. Shocked the Cal game isn't the one chosen though, even with their performance. They're still ranked, and playing media darling USC.

The exception to this rule that I've seen is OU/Texas since that game is often early @ the Texas State Fair (last year it was 11am and Gameday was there).

Pardon the location for this post, but I have my tickets listed on the ticket exchange (Goph fans, check it out).

Anyway, if someone could clarify the regionality of ESPN games, I am going to be in Hawaii rising at 6am for the game, is there an easy way to know which game ESPN Hawaii would carry?

I'm going to give yahoo tv listings a shot. Thanks.

This is false. the BC vs FSU game is a 2:30 kickoff. also gameday was at the red river shootout and also in 2006, college gameday was at Michigan vs OSU game where it was 1 vs 2. so no gameday is not stricted to 7 pm games location. it have been to location of afternoon games before and have Kirk Herbstreit fly out to the game he is doing.

This is false. the BC vs FSU game is a 2:30 kickoff. also gameday was at the red river shootout and also in 2006, college gameday was at Michigan vs OSU game where it was 1 vs 2. so no gameday is not stricted to 7 pm games location. it have benn to location of afternoon games before and have Kirk Herbstreit fly out to the game he is doing.

Thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure, but it just seemed like they were always the night games. But yeah, don't get the FSU-BC choice then lol.

Any word on whether we are allowing the badger band to come? I know there was all that 'Maturi is from wisconsin' talk in the past....

Any word on whether we are allowing the badger band to come? I know there was all that 'Maturi is from wisconsin' talk in the past....

No red menace band. The only reason why Cal had a pep band at the game was apparently because they made travel plans a year in advance and long before they actually contacted our AD to see if it was OK. I guess they pleaded and begged until they allowed it. That won't be the case in regards to the red skunk squawkers.

They asked our AD to come, and were flatly denied, from what I was told.

Anyone else outraged by the College Gameday Choice? I know it's not exactly common for them to come North of the Mason/Dixon line, but really...Even if FSU wins last week I'm outraged. Still a terrible, boring matchup without a whole lot of storylines. I'm ALMOST OK with being shunned in favor of Cal/USC, but really? FSU/BC? Come on. So many better stories here. So much better atmosphere. MUCH bigger rivalry, a lot more on the line, new stadium, what more do they want? Piss off ESPN/ABC.

They're never coming to Minnesota for GameDay unless we're hosing or Ohio State or Michigan and it's unlikely even then. They were discussing the Wisconsin game on ESPN radio this afternoon and basically mocking us, and the Big 10. One guy (not sure who) said he thinks Wisconsin is actually pretty good and will win easily and of course they both agreed that the Big 10 sucks. They then went on to discussing the USC/Cal game and how Cal isn't very good and they're 'big' win at Minnesota wasn't impressive. They did give minor props to the stadium but otherwise had nothing good to say.

I basically have no use for ESPN anymore other then to watch the games themselves since you have no choice.

While I wish they'd come to Minnesota, the game they should have gone to is Miami/Oklahoma IMO. FSU/BC is a very dumb choice. Oooh, battle of two bad ACC teams. Yay.

Top Bottom