Minnesota v - Indiana 2000 - the Joel P game

I was there....Barn was rocking. Gophers played so hard and looked like it could be a fun rest of the season. Pryz than decided he didn't want to go to class anymore and Monson had no choice (especially after Ganglegate) but to deal with it. I don't know if he was officially suspended, or if he just quit.

Kyle Sanden hitting baseline jumpers. Brought a tear to my eye.

It's amazing when you look at our starting lineup how solid it was. Such a different era...in today's game, a school going into 2 years postseason ban would never in a million years have a starting lineup including 2 NBA players and 3 more really solid pieces around them, in addition to a good young depth.

Just a different era.

Go Gophers!!

Dang, just watched the last few minutes...straight up chills.

What an atmosphere, what a comeback!!

Go Gophers!!

I was at that game as well (was my sophomore year of high school) and the Barn was ROWDY!! What an electric comeback

I was there....Barn was rocking. Gophers played so hard and looked like it could be a fun rest of the season. Pryz than decided he didn't want to go to class anymore and Monson had no choice (especially after Ganglegate) but to deal with it. I don't know if he was officially suspended, or if he just quit.
Definitely got suspended for skipping class (probably more than once-speculation), suspension was doled out and he quit, saying he didn't "trust" the new staff.

To Joel's credit, he has said in recent years that what he did was selfish and immature, and seems to have honest remorse about it. Maybe Ben can arrange a Joel Day at the Barn to mend the relationship!

What is Joel up to now?

Last edited:

I was at that game as well (was my sophomore year of high school) and the Barn was ROWDY!! What an electric comeback
I was, too. Looks like a sold-out building. This community used to be so invested in this program!

To Joel's credit, he has said in recent years that what he did was selfish and immature, and seems to have honest remorse about it.
Hadn't heard that, glad he accepted some responsibility for it. I remember leaving Williams that day so optimistic about the team and then being so deflated a day later.

What is Joel up to now?
My info is a from a few years ago, but he was married with a couple of sons, retired from basketball and living in Milwaukee .

Top Bottom