Minnesota ranked #10 in final AP Poll

They got it right. I posted after the Outback Bowl that this team deserved a top 10 final ranking by the strength of their resume and they got it. That game was so huge for how this 2019 season will ultimately be remembered. It would be really hard to call it a "special season" with a straight face at 10-3 and final ranking that would have likely fallen between 20-25. The program has real momentum right now and it's imperative that we take advantage of it.

giphy.gif

Little higher then I was thinking we would end up and we may drop a few spots in the initial poll next season but very cool to finish the year in the top 10!

I thought 2019 was going to be a good year but this season far exceeded any expectations I had for it going in.

Offense should hopefully be even better in 2020, if the defense and special teams come along for the ride we could be in for something really special. But regardless of what happens next year, 2019 was a very special season for a program that hasn't had many of those in the past 50 years.

This is awesome! Gotta enter next year preseason in the top 15.

Fantastic! I thought they would be ranked 11 or 12. Top 10 sounds so much better.

Third highest Big Ten team.
Not bad.

Let's improve our best.

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?! Outstanding! Ski U Mah!!

There is no way in you-know-where that I would have even remotely guessed #10 going into the season. My best was 8 W's and a non-Jan 1 bowl. This will be an obvious boost for the program.

I was hoping for a top 10 ranking. I figured it would be very nice media guide and recruiting material if it could be said the Gophers finished the '19 season in the top ten. I figured it would be close but the Gophers would get screwed and end up just missing it. So happy it went the way it did.

This is AWESOME, let make this a regular thing!

What kind of bonus does PJ get for this?

I checked a few articles, and I couldn't find any bonuses tied to AP top 10

Bonuses I found:
Bowl eligible - $75,000
Winning a share of the Big Ten West - $100,000
Winning the Big Ten - $150,000
Rose Bowl - $150,000
Collage Football Playoff - $200,000
National Title - $300,000
National Coach of the Year - $100,000
Big Ten Coach of the Year - $50,000

Very nice, lets keep momentum going!

Look at those names
1 LSU(62) 15-0 1550 —
2 Clemson 14-1 1487 1
3 Ohio State 13-1 1426 1
4 Georgia 12-2 1336 1
5 Oregon 12-2 1249 2
6 Florida 11-2 1211 —
7 Oklahoma 12-2 1179 3
8 Alabama 11-2 1159 1
9 Penn State 11-2 1038 4
10 Minnesota 11-2 952 6

Little higher then I was thinking we would end up and we may drop a few spots in the initial poll next season but very cool to finish the year in the top 10!

I thought 2019 was going to be a good year but this season far exceeded any expectations I had for it going in.

Offense should hopefully be even better in 2020, if the defense and special teams come along for the ride we could be in for something really special. But regardless of what happens next year, 2019 was a very special season for a program that hasn't had many of those in the past 50 years.

I've seen some publication and writer rankings for next year already. We haven't even been listed in top 25. Iowa was also absent in both.

I've seen some publication and writer rankings for next year already. We haven't even been listed in top 25. Iowa was also absent in both.

Almost all of the (way too early) top 25s I have seen have included Minnesota. From an outsider's perspective, we are losing a lot on defense and expecting someone to step in for TJ6 on offense.

Top Bottom