Minnesota-North Carolina Game to be Broadcast on ESPN

Makes sense, it's an ACC property.

ESPN hoping that Drake Maye & Co perform a heck of a lot better against the Big Ten than they did against a Sun Belt team.

Not happy since my cable provider Spectrum not having Disney channels available.
Need a work around, any ideas?
Don’t know if this helps, but I subscribe to ESPN by itself thru Roku.

You can only get ESPN through a subscription to a channel bundle.

The cheapest I believe is Sling Orange, which right now is half off your first month. So $20 for the month. https://www.sling.com/#basics

I have no idea what its streaming/picture quality or DVR functionality are like.

Yeah well, Spectrum offers cable boxes to its customers too. A box can only bring in what the company has to offer ...
Yes to that. Alway nervous around the edges with Comcast as an NBC-owned company.

However, we can stream pretty much anything like a smart TV or roku through our apps on the box. Still have to have the accounts just like anyone else. Just easy peasy through the TV, remote, and display.

Good luck with Spectrum figuring it out. It is a downside to keeping the cord as you are at the mercy of the carrier for where you live.

Stuck with Spectrum going to a bar for the game. Would be nice to find one with sound but not counting on it in St Pete

Oh good now we get to be interrupted with discussions / clips about Georgia….

My view: The North Carolina defense is soft, especially the pass defense. The first game of the year when they looked good is not the norm this season for North Carolina. Underdog Gophers have a great opportunity here with a strong Gophers defense and an offense, we hope, that will score enough to win -- and UNC will give that.

North Carolina didn’t have a sack on a night when the opposing quarterback threw 43 times. No one will be named national defensive player of the week. But on a night when both offenses were humming along, when UNC’s Omarion Hampton had a career game with 234 yards rushing and Appalachian State quarterback Joey Aguilar made a name for himself, it took defense to finally decide it.

Not happy since my cable provider Spectrum not having Disney channels available.
Dump Cable TV, just get Internet from them if you don't have better options.

We dropped Comcast and get our Internet from T-Mobile, haven't noticed any issues.

Dump Cable TV, just get Internet from them if you don't have better options.

We dropped Comcast and get our Internet from T-Mobile, haven't noticed any issues.
Is BTN available thru YouTube tv??

ESPN+ might already be available if you have Hulu/Disney+

Try the free trial through Fubo. The streaming is pretty good and cloud DVR function is OK. Do not do the free trial through Hulu as it's absolutely horrible for sports. The DVR function is clunky and won't let you fast forward through commercials which makes it maddening.

Dish and ESPN got in a similar spat last year and I landed on Fubo for the short time that it was out after trying Hulu first.

From a good match-up, it looks like best game in the window with UGA and SC.

Screenshot_20230910_194221_Chrome.jpg

Try the free trial through Fubo. The streaming is pretty good and cloud DVR function is OK. Do not do the free trial through Hulu as it's absolutely horrible for sports. The DVR function is clunky and won't let you fast forward through commercials which makes it maddening.

Dish and ESPN got in a similar spat last year and I landed on Fubo for the short time that it was out after trying Hulu first.
Thanks for the tip! I signed up for the free trial and tested it out so I should be good to go...

I’m a happy YouTube TV subscriber. One thing I really like is the DVR functionality. I’ve told it to record every college football game and it does. They are all lined up nicely in chronological order. On a side note I also have it record all, NFL, PGA and LPGA golf events, etc… I never have to worry if I forgot to set something. I also tried Fubo, but prefer YouTube TV’s overall layout and ease of use.

Charter/Spectrum and Disney ended their billionaires’ pissing contest today and will return ESPN to cable subscribers.

Top Bottom