Minnesota @ Indiana 2021 - Media Predictions

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
Bleacher Report has Minnesota winning 21-10

Steven Lassan, Mark Ross and Ben Weinrib at Athlon Sports are all taking Minnesota

Odd Shark has Minnesota winning 29-13
Minnesota will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.

Picks and Parlays has the Gophers winning 35-21
The Minnesota Golden Gophers need to turn things around and finish the year with a bang. Look for Minnesota to go on the road this week and pick up a needed win against a bad team The Golden Gophers will control this game and the ball for the full 60 minutes leading to a big road win.

Bleacher Report has Minnesota winning 21-10

Steven Lassan, Mark Ross and Ben Weinrib at Athlon Sports are all taking Minnesota

Odd Shark has Minnesota winning 29-13
Minnesota will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.

Picks and Parlays has the Gophers winning 35-21
The Minnesota Golden Gophers need to turn things around and finish the year with a bang. Look for Minnesota to go on the road this week and pick up a needed win against a bad team The Golden Gophers will control this game and the ball for the full 60 minutes leading to a big road win.
Not Dink enough. Our team responds to Dink behavior.

College Football News has Minnesota winning 30-14
It’s Senior Day. It’s the one chance to make something positive happen out of this shocking mess of a season. Beating Purdue next week would make the year, but the Hoosiers need a home victory.

The problem is an offense that just can’t get going, scoring 15 points or fewer in five of the last six games.

The slow and stodgy style of Minnesota will work. It’ll dominate the clock by dominating the lines. Rutgers was able to run for over 200 yards last week on the Hoosiers, and the Gophers are about to do the same.

Here are some blog predictions

Black Shoe Diaries (Penn State SB Nation) has Minnesota winning 42-10
This game shouldn’t be competitive in the least. Indiana is the worst team in the conference, while Minnesota is still technically alive for the B1G West. I think Indiana can make things a little uncomfortable for the Gophers, but ultimately Minny wins and sets up a showdown with Wisconsin for all of the marbles.

Blake Ruane at the Daily Gopher (Minnesota SB Nation) has Minnesota winning 28-7
The Hoosiers have a stud at linebacker in Micah McFadden, who leads the team in tackles (62), tackles for loss (15), and sacks (6.5). But he can only do so much. He was without Cam Jones, his partner-in-crime at linebacker, against Rutgers, which changed the complexion of the Hoosiers’ defense. Indiana ended up allowing the Scarlet Knights to accumulate 218 rushing yards.

Rutgers quarterback Noah Vedral only made 17 pass attempts in the 38-3 blowout, so you can imagine what kind of offensive game plan the Gophers are drawing up.

But this is a veteran defense, with 10 senior starters when Jones is in the lineup. They’ve largely been hung out to dry by their offense, which can’t stay on the field and frequently turns the ball over. Don’t be surprised if Minnesota struggles to get going early on offense.

This is not a game that Minnesota should lose, as this season has been an utter disaster for Indiana. But as we’ve learned by now, the Gophers don’t always win the games they should. With that said, I’m not nearly pessimistic enough to pick the Hoosiers.

Gopher Illustrated (Minnesota 247 Sports) has Minnesota earning a 27-13 victory
Offensively [Indiana has] to be able to run the ball. If they are constantly in 2nd and long and 3rd and long they have no chance. They also need to get some chunk plays from the passing game. To expect this IU offense to grind out drives that are 10 to 12 plays is unrealistic. Both things are going to be difficult to do because Minnesota has been very stout against the run, and they are one of the best teams in the league at not giving up big plays.

Defensively they have to stop the Minnesota rushing attack. If the Gophers are getting five to six yards a carry it’s game over. They have to force Minnesota to throw more than they want to and try to get Tanner Morgan to make some mistakes.

And then on special teams they can’t give up any big plays and they absolutely have to win the field position battle.

I don’t see Indiana being able to do all those things because they haven’t been able to do it all season against conference opponents. I think Minnesota gets their run game going and they also hit a big play or two in the pass game.

Help me understand why every guy who predicts us to lose is a dink?
I could be wrong, but I interpreted it as a running joke. Nothing serious. The comment by me was when we were predicted to lose this season, we played some of our best ball.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted it as a running joke. Nothing serious. The comment by me was when we were predicted to lose this season, we played some of our best ball.
Yep, been that way for a few years now....don't think anyone takes it too seriously.

That said....Shooter, Souhan and Reusse are in the true dink categories where there is no joking involved when people make fun of them.

The Star Tribune has Minnesota winning 31-13
The Gophers will win if their offensive line dominates as usual, their run game keeps producing, Tanner Morgan finds Chris Autman-Bell for a couple of big gains, they avoid turnovers and their defense limits by plays by Fryfogle and tight end Peyton Hendershot.

The Pioneer Press has Minnesota winning 24-13
Gophers Offense Vs. Indiana defense: The U has run the ball 465 times this season to be in the top 10 in the country, but they only have 208 pass attempts, 127th in the nation... This Indiana team is 106th in the nation in points allowed (32) and passing yards (235). Rutgers was able to rush for more than 200 yards against Indiana last week. EDGE - Gophers

Gophers Defense Vs. Indiana offense: Minnesota is plus-two in turnover margin this seasos... Indiana had an astronomical six turnovers against the Scarlet Knights. Indiana's leading rusher Stephen Carr was injured against Michigan and didn't play last week. EDGE - Gophers

Prediction: The Gophers, a seven point favorite, won't play down to their competition like they did against Bowling Green and Illinois, and avoid their first three-game losing streak since 2018.

At The Off Tackle Empire (Big Ten SB Nation), 17 writers are picking Minnesota, one is taking Indiana

Buckeyes Wire (USA Today) has two writers taking Minnesota and one going with Indiana

Got it. Kinda thought that was the case.

I just see another Illinois game coming on Saturday.:cautious:

Top Bottom