Minnesota HS Preseason Update and Request

vames

Reaction score
As of this week, we have 23 high school players from Minnesota (including Isaac Freuchte) with Division I offers for the Class of 2012. Minneapolis Washburn's Kyle Hughes is the latest to pick up an offer from Eastern Michigan. For a complete list, click on the below link for information on top players.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=956917

MinnesotaPreps.com is in the process of pulling together information on top players returning for each team and requesting information on new players to watch that have D1 potential from the Classes of 2013 and 2014. At the same link we have initial lists for the Class of 2013 and 2014.

For those that watch high school football or have connections to high school football, please feel free to provide any information on players and either myself, Michael Much, or Brian Jerzak will track down additional information. I can be reached at [email protected]

With less than a month to go for preseason activity and with the talent of this class, it should be a great year for Minnesota HS football!

V Ames
MinnesotaPreps.com Volunteer Recruiting Analyst
Saint Paul, MN

Thanks for the link! Looks like a good year for BCS talent in-state this year. Still some big boys on the board and some lower D-1 offers that could turn BCS in the future?

Thanks for the list

In your list of 2012 Top Recruits I would think the following Minnesota guys might have scholarship offers?

Antonio Ford
Adam Bungum
Sam Lee
Karmichael Dunbar
Zack Johnson

I'm sure there are others somebody could add to the list? Thanks for compiling this info and posting it on this board. Exciting to me that the University of Minnesota has all the top kids committed so far. Hopefully this continues with the next 3 big names on your list.

it would be so great if a couple years down the road we were watching the gophers run people over with a dominating offensive line that was made up of entirely MN kids from this class (I know Davidson has only been here for a little but still). This senior class could contribute a lot of size and skill to the Gophers with Davidson, Pirsig, Hayes, and Johnson ( at TE or OT) that would be awesome to watch lead the way for skill players from the state like Nelson, Leidner, Williams, McDonald, etc.

any of these kids trickle down to U of Minnesota North ---aka NDSU??

From MN Preps:
>>Aaron Haataja, 5'9 165, Dassel-Cokato - In 11 games, has 241 carries for 1494 yards for 6.2 ypc and 16 TDs. As a freshman had 178 carries for 867 yards and 6 TDs.

Haataja's dad, Steve, took the head hockey job at Warroad so it looks as if Warroad will have a good running back this year.

Top Bottom