Minnesota football coaches postgame meeting - revealed!

Reaction score
I got this from a connection in the program who secretly recorded it. I finally got done transcribing it. A little bit of insight into the process of planning for their next opponent......

-------

October 3, 2010
11:00 AM

Tim Brewster: OK guys, as you all know, we play Wisconsin on Saturday. This is going to be our toughest challenge of the year. I'd like to talk about game strategy and how we can get out of Camp Randall with a W.

(veiled snickers around the table)

Now. First things first: the uniforms. I've been thinking about changing it up a little bit.

Jeff Horton: Again?

Brewster: The uniforms are a big part of our identity, and it's important that we get them right. Now I've been thinking that we bring back the all-gold from last year. The ones we wore against Cal.

Kevin Cosgrove: (sits back, crosses arms) Oh man, that's *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ed up.

Brewster: (leans in intently) Now hold on. Just think about it for a moment. Gold, right, gold is the color that goes to first place. It goes gold, silver, bronze ... yeah. So if we wear all gold, that means we're number one. And if we're number one, that means we win!! (becomes excited) Ha ha!!! Pasadena baby!!!!!

Cosgrove: (sighs) Whatever... doofus.

Ronnie Lee: You know, we didn't play well in the gold unis. We gave up a lot of points in that one. And Eric Decker got injured.

Brewster: (pauses to contemplate) Hmm... true. Are you saying Decker is gonna get injured again?

Lee: He doesn't play for us anymore, coach.

Brewster: Oh yeah. Damn. (pauses) Damn.

Lee: You know, one combination we haven't used so far is... all-white.

(everyone leans forward, squints eyes)

Lee: All white. That's what we wore in 1960. Our last national championship. ... Pasadena.

Brewster: (struggling to contain his glee) Did you just say Pasa...dena?

Lee: (smiles) Pasadena, coach.

Brewster: Hahaha!!!! Rose Bowl???!!! (pounds fists on table, claps loudly) Pasadena!!!! (laughs triumphantly)

Cosgrove: Who do you guys like next week, Michigan or MSU?

Lee: All white uniforms. With maroon numbers. White helmets too.

Brewster: (bolts out of chair) The helmet too????

Lee: The helmet too. All white!

Brewster: Everything is white?? And the M on the helmet is gold???

Lee: No. The M on the helmet is maroon.

Brewster: But we're maroon and gold and the letters on the jersey are already maroon!!! Where's the gold?

Lee: It's... color coordination.

Brewster: What in the dad gum hell is color co-ord-nation?

Lee: It's when you wear stuff where the colors all match.

Brewster: (squints eyes) Ohhhh. So maroon M, maroon letters. They match. I get it. Hey... so... the letters match, and the jersey matches the helmets. It's like... a double match!

Horton: Can I go to the bathroom?

Brewster: No. You wait until this meeting is done.

Cosgrove: Are you clowns sure the block M on the helmets should be maroon?

Brewster: Why, what do you think it should be?

Cosgrove: I think it should be gold.

Brewster: Why do you say that?

Cosgrove: Because there's no gold anywhere here. Our colors are supposed to be maroon & gold, but the only gold is on the letter stitching.

Brewster: (rubs chin) True.... true. Wait. All white unis... if you're gonna make all-white unis... you have to make the numbers white too! Color co-ord-nation!

Lee: Uhh, I don't think that's how it works, coach...

Horton: Any you guys up for ribs?

Brewster: (extremely annoyed) Jeff, would you just... hold yer dad gum chili fer a second!

Cosgrove: What about this. We use maroon stitching around gold letters.

(pause as the guys think it over)

Lee: That's just... *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ed up.

Brewster: Yeah, I don't like that. The gold on white, it's gonna be hard to read.

Cosgrove: Hold on. You just proposed white on white. And you're complaining that gold on white is gonna be hard to read? I mean, yeah, okay, there ain't a lot of contrast there, but the maroon stitching sort of... outlines it and sets it off.

Brewster: I dunno, Kev.

Lee: What about on TV. You can't see that on TV cos the contrast--

Cosgrove: What the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# would you know, genius? Hey look, fine, whatever. (leans back in chair) Wear whatever the hell you want. Who cares what the defensive coordinator thinks. I'm outta here at the end of the season anyway.

Lee: Maybe sooner.

Cosgrove: *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# you.

Brewster: Kevin, I really like... Michigan. I think Denard Robinson is absolutely tremendous this year. I like them a lot. I think they are just tremendous.

(pauses, turns to Ronnie Lee)

And Ron, the uniforms... make it happen. Pasadena!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! <leaps out of chair again, fists raised in victory>

Horton: This ribs place, they got the hottest waitresses you ever seen. Titties like canteloupes....

Brewster: Haha. All-right! Let's get some ribs. OK guys, that's it. Meetin's up. Ribs time!! WOOOO-HAAAAH!!!!!

Lee: What about the game plan?

Brewster: Don't worry about it, I got it all under control.

i dont know whats worse, the writing or the fact that this might have actually happened this way.

Top Bottom