Minnesota Announces Updated Testing Numbers

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per the U of MN:

Gopher Athletics conducted 2,183 COVID-19 tests in September 2020. There were 55 positive tests for a 2.5 percent positivity rate.

Since June 2020, Athletics has conducted 3,589 tests. There have been 98 positive tests for a 2.7 percent positivity rate.

Student-athletes who test positive are entered into protocol and self-isolate. During this time they have access to all necessary resources and are in daily communication with members of Minnesota's athletic medicine staff. Student-athletes undergo additional testing and screening before they may physically participate in team activities. A team physician must also clear the student-athlete before they are permitted to return to athletic activity.

Contract tracing was conducted and any individual who was potentially exposed is quarantined to help prevent spread of the virus.

I wonder if they’ll announce the number of players quarantined versus positive test in each sport

Per the U of MN:

Gopher Athletics conducted 2,183 COVID-19 tests in September 2020. There were 55 positive tests for a 2.5 percent positivity rate.

Since June 2020, Athletics has conducted 3,589 tests. There have been 98 positive tests for a 2.7 percent positivity rate.

Student-athletes who test positive are entered into protocol and self-isolate. During this time they have access to all necessary resources and are in daily communication with members of Minnesota's athletic medicine staff. Student-athletes undergo additional testing and screening before they may physically participate in team activities. A team physician must also clear the student-athlete before they are permitted to return to athletic activity.

Contract tracing was conducted and any individual who was potentially exposed is quarantined to help prevent spread of the virus.

I wonder how many on the football team. Hopefully they button down even tighter with the first game in just over three weeks.

If the percentages are based on a couple thousand tests over a month it will be a lot easier to stay under the required numbers. As opposed to factoring by 120 players or whatever the much lower number in a given week for football.
So, the report is all fine and dandy but does the story really have anything to do with football? I don’t think so??

The virus does not care if you are a football player or not.

And how many have been hospitalized? Let me guess. Zero.
If you weren't hospitalized, that actually proves you were never even infected and there was never any time you could've spread it to anyone else. (y)

Top Bottom