Minnesota #10 in Coaches Poll Too!

#10 sounds good. It will give you a good starting point, ranking next year because of keeping you HC and staff. You wont have to work your way up from 25. Tnen its up to the Gophers not to drop.

The Massey composite rankings has the Gophers at 17. to me thats low but you can view each of the 30+ rankings for yourself.

The three nonconference games where the Gophers struggled (yes, one against your team!) pulled down the Gophers season statistical rankings like Massey, Sagaran, SP+ etc. The team didn't really jell until conference play started. Plus, I'm not sure how those ratings handle a team that purposely milks the clock as a strategy - not sure if that would reduce "explosiveness" type statistical factors.

GSU Milking the clock?

GSU had like 22min vs the gophers 37 min.

Last edited:

Should we be concerned that Utah St. was dead last in FBS in TOP? 24:32 minutes per game.

I didn't watch Utah State, so I can't say for sure what the cause of the low TOP was. If I was to guess based on box scores though, their defense struggled to get off the field and the offense was often in catch up mode. Additionally, I do know the system being run was the head coaches, not the OCs.

I didn't watch Utah State, so I can't say for sure what the cause of the low TOP was. If I was to guess based on box scores though, their defense struggled to get off the field and the offense was often in catch up mode. Additionally, I do know the system being run was the head coaches, not the OCs.

I looked up the TOP numbers from his last 6 years as OC or HC. Unless there were special circumstances at each stop, it’s never been a priority. Not every coach cares much about TOP. Franklin doesn’t, for example.

Should we be concerned that Utah St. was dead last in FBS in TOP? 24:32 minutes per game.

For the most part,its not necessarily the TOP but what you do with it and how fast you can strike. Back in the old days GSU had 25min TOP but scored 48 ppg with a triple option team.

Top Bottom