Minnehaha Academy game featuring Bronny James moved to Target Center

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

A nationally televised basketball game between Minnehaha Academy and Los Angeles' Sierra Canyon on Jan. 4 is being moved to Target Center because of strong fan interest in attending. Sierra Canyon's highly recruited lineup includes Bronny James Jr., the son of LeBron James.

The 7 p.m. game, to be shown on ESPN, was originally scheduled at Minnehaha Academy's new gym.

Also that day, Redhawks senior Jalen Suggs is expected to announce his college plans. Suggs, who recently was named 2019 Minnesota Mr. Football, is also a top 10 college basketball recruit.

Go Gophers!!

Already have seen "Bronny" way too often on ESPN for a name that shouldn't even be a name

Is really any good or is the hype solely because of his dad?

He's fairly good. Tough to predict how he'll develop as he is only a freshman but personally I'd imagine him as a low 5 star high 4 star type player going into college.

The kid to watch in that high school class is Mikey Williams... his highlights are worth a watch.

He's fairly good. Tough to predict how he'll develop as he is only a freshman but personally I'd imagine him as a low 5 star high 4 star type player going into college.

The kid to watch in that high school class is Mikey Williams... his highlights are worth a watch.
He just dropped 77 right?

He just dropped 77 right?
Yes. What was impressive about it is that he was pulling 3s from deep... nice looking jump shot. Kid looks big enough to play college ball next year if I'm being honest.

He's a really good player, but needs to grow to play in the NBA. About 6'1" now, but only a freshman. If he can grow a few inches, he will be a ligit threat to play in NBA. Right now he is a 3 and D player all the way, but hes solid. Definitely high major impact college player. Too early to tell. But hes solid.

Definitely going now. That should be fun.

I have tickets for Friday night. Will likely attend this Saturday and Gopher hoops are home Sunday. Tidy little weekend

I think ESPN made a deal with Lebron to go to LA and they would cover his kid non-stop.

He is talented and seems like a good kid, but this is putting an astronomical amount of additional pressure on a kid who already had an astronomical amount of pressure on him. I'm not quite sure it's good for him

Statistically, this is a kid who is likely going to play college basketball and it's a coin flip whether he will play in the NBA. That's a super successful athlete that will be seen as a failure by the mouth-breathing masses.

I’d be pissed if my parents named me Bronny James. Does he flop, travel, complain, make up excuses when he wilts under pressure, and ignore defense like his dad?

I am not a lebron fan in anyway but lebron james jr will be something special in the years to come. His IQ and game is already more advanced than his dad at his age, he just doesn't have the overwhelming physical build of of lebron sr.

I am not a lebron fan in anyway but lebron james jr will be something special in the years to come. His IQ and game is already more advanced than his dad at his age, he just doesn't have the overwhelming physical build of of lebron sr.
Sheesh pump the breaks a little on Bronny. I think he's a very talented player for his age but no need to compare him to his dad when he's only 15. Film from Lebron James sr. playing in high school is scarce but he was crazy back in the day. Particularly the game where Trevor Ariza was talking mad shit about how he was better than LeBron and then Bron came out and dropped a 50 piece on him.

imo LeBron is the greatest to ever do it. My biggest criticism when comparing him to MJ is that he lacks the assassin's mentality that MJ was known for... but you can't have everything.

I’d be pissed if my parents named me Bronny James. Does he flop, travel, complain, make up excuses when he wilts under pressure, and ignore defense like his dad?
His name is LeBron Jr. And you sound like a crybaby hater.

Are we really criticizing a 15 year old kid because of his name people? As it's already been pointed out his name is LeBron James Jr, but regardless what his name is we need to be better than that

Are we really criticizing a 15 year old kid because of his name people? As it's already been pointed out his name is LeBron James Jr, but regardless what his name is we need to be better than that
Who are you even talking to? I didn't see anybody criticizing his game because of his name. Include quotes next time if you're going to call out an entire thread.

Who are you even talking to? I didn't see anybody criticizing his game because of his name. Include quotes next time if you're going to call out an entire thread.
"I’d be pissed if my parents named me Bronny James. Does he flop, travel, complain, make up excuses when he wilts under pressure, and ignore defense like his dad? " This was the Flash30 quote from above, no not criticizing his game because of his name, just making fund of his name in general lol

"I’d be pissed if my parents named me Bronny James. Does he flop, travel, complain, make up excuses when he wilts under pressure, and ignore defense like his dad? " This was the Flash30 quote from above, no not criticizing his game because of his name, just making fund of his name in general lol
Yeah that was an idiotic comment lol. Clearly a LeBron hater.

Top Bottom