Minneapolis weather

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Life long Goph fan here from Los Angeles (dad is from Minnesota). Thinking of going to either the Rutgers game Halloween weekend or Wisconsin game Thanksgiving weekend. What would you guess the weather would be like for those games? I have a one year old son I wanna take to his first game. Scared he’ll turn into an ice cube.

Hi everyone. Life long Goph fan here from Los Angeles (dad is from Minnesota). Thinking of going to either the Rutgers game Halloween weekend or Wisconsin game Thanksgiving weekend. What would you guess the weather would be like for those games? I have a one year old son I wanna take to his first game. Scared he’ll turn into an ice cube.
Halloween is a better bet. The average high is in the 40's. Thanksgiving's average will be around freezing. There's much more daylight in October too.

Should be between 35 to 50 deg Halloween, on average. And should be a win against Rutgers.

Considering the Thanksgiving game is in Madison Wisconsin, I don’t think you’d have to worry about Minneapolis weather at all for that one.

Casually rate for late November games are only around 2 to 3%.

You got a good chance of surviving.

To each their own but I wouldn't want to bring a 1 y/o to a late October or November game.

I don't have much to add other than agreeing that Halloween is your best bet for warmer weather. I have a feeling that we're going to get an early jump on winter this year too, in mid November.

Kids benefit from exposure to cold weather... builds the immune system and some toughness. Dress them appropriately and it won't be a problem!

Seriously though... I applaud you for trying to expose your child to Gopher sports but a 1 yr old will likely get little out of the experience and it may reduce your own enjoyment.

Caution: Unsolicited advice from our experience forthcoming! I know others have different experiences so I think that it depends on the child.

Because of the unpredictable weather and action of fall football, I have found it easier to instead introduce youngsters to baseball where they can play around comfortably in the stands and not watch the game. And baseball is paced in such a way that the parent only needs to focus on certain parts of the game allowing them to focus more on the child. We did this starting at 1.

Basketball, hockey, and volleyball in the winter were our next major sports. We did this around 3. These sports have enough non-stop action to keep their attention. We waited for outdoor fall football and soccer until around 5 when we felt that they could focus more effectively... especially if it was raining or cold.

Chose the Northwestern game. Had my boy in all his gear today all the way here in L.A. keep it up Gophs!
View attachment 20698
Enjoy those moments with your little guy. They grow up fast.
I was going to mention that if you think he's getting a little cold, there is an indoor area at the stadium - the Athletics Hall of Fame (https://goldengopherfund.com/gopher...ank-stadium/athletics-hall-of-fame/index.html). You can take a little break there if needed to warm up. It's just inside the SW entrance to the stadium. Can also warm up in the (not as good as it used to be) team store (also near the SW entrance).

It really just depends on the year and the day. I remember in the opening season of TCF Bank, it was about 35 with an inch of snow for the Purdue game on October 10th, but then 60 and sunny on November 7th against Illinois.

For Halloween specifically here are the numbers.

Average:
High: 50
Low: 35

Record:
High: 83
Low: 15

It really just depends on the year and the day. I remember in the opening season of TCF Bank, it was about 35 with an inch of snow for the Purdue game on October 10th, but then 60 and sunny on November 7th against Illinois.

For Halloween specifically here are the numbers.

Average:
High: 50
Low: 35

Record:
High: 83
Low: 15
He's coming Nov 12. Average high is 43.
Record high is 65. Record low is 0. Record low high temp is 11.

Top Bottom