Minneapolis to Iowa City: Gameday caravan?

hoialmen

Reaction score
Hey sports fans!

Trying to get a feel for the number of us who are planning to roll down to Iowa City for the game this weekend. Personally, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to watch the Gophs extend their season to 5-0 at Kinnick and ON THEIR HOMECOMING, no less.

For those of us who are planning to drive down, I was thinking it would be pretty kick-a$$ if we were able to coordinate a gameday caravan of Gopher fans and descend on Iowa City en masse.

Do you think our fans are organized enough to pull something like this off?

GO GOPHERS!

A caravan road trip would be cool. We are trying to decide if we leave Mpls on Friday night or way early on Saturday.

I'm driving down early Saturday morning so if there is some sort of caravan then, I'd be happy to join.

Well, I think there are 2 groups going down: those leaving Friday and spending the night somewhere in Hawkeye land and those road-warriors who are planning an early AM departure on Saturday. I was thinking we'd be a part of the latter group as well. I'd like to keep this thread active throughout the week and see what kind of numbers we end up with between now and Friday. I think it would be a lot of fun if we ended up with a less than conspicuous number of fans traveling down 35 all together. I'm all about making a statement on days like these. :cool:

GO GOPHERS!

YES! This is almost exactly what I had in mind! A mob of post-apocalyptic Gopher fans rolling into IA City brandishing crossbows and molotov cocktails. What could possibly say "We mean business!" more than this?

Well done!

I imagine it would look something like this:

Top Bottom