Miles Tarver ready for promotion

HouseOfHagen

Reaction score
I haven’t seen this mentioned in another thread, but Miles could be a cheap “lottery ticket” up and coming coach to replace Ben. Miles has deep roots in basketball talent rich Oakland - where he’s been head coach and program director of Team Hustle. He hasn’t coached at the collegiate level but has proven his worth as head coach in several high school programs in the Oakland area. Named Golden State Warriors Cal-Hi Sports head coach of the week in 2023, we could land him for a bargain.

I haven’t seen this mentioned in another thread, but Miles could be a cheap “lottery ticket” up and coming coach to replace Ben. Miles has deep roots in basketball talent rich Oakland - where he’s been head coach and program director of Team Hustle. He hasn’t coached at the collegiate level but has proven his worth as head coach in several high school programs in the Oakland area. Named Golden State Warriors Cal-Hi Sports head coach of the week in 2023, we could land him for a bargain.
Perfect. Another guy with no experience doing the job we need him to do. Miles is awesome but he certainly isn’t ready for highest level D1 ball. Yikes.

I’ve been following #42 since he was here. Looks to be a solid coach and builder of men. Likely just needs a chance to show his coaching abilities.

I’m not sure we can afford another bargain.

I’ve been following #42 since he was here. Looks to be a solid coach and builder of men. Likely just needs a chance to show his coaching abilities.
!gain did he get a degree? No degree not coaching!

I thought this thread would be about big Jack and a bet on how many points he'd score in the Big Ten -- a reincarnation of the Miles thing years ago.

I thought this thread would be about big Jack and a bet on how many points he'd score in the Big Ten -- a reincarnation of the Miles thing years ago.
Miles gets a pass on his offensive limitations. He was a valuable player on a Final Four team. He also owns what I believe is the best line ever delivered to the media by a Gopher. After the brawl against the Philippine national team, of which Miles was intimately involved, the media asked him about his role. He replied succinctly, “I’m a pacifist.”

Long live Miles! Just not as our head coach.

fantastic! i hope he doesn’t try to teach the Gophers how to make a 4 foot bunny, or they may never hit 50 points again.

Biggest issue with hiring him is you’d need to get him a special parking permit and that’s a hassle.

Does he have a 4 year degree.

I believe Archie Clark, Randy Breuer and Jim Peterson and Ralph Sampson Jr. are also available.

He was high school teammates with Jason Kidd. Haven't heard that in 25 years.
Ha ha, when this thread popped up I couldn’t help but think how prophetic your avatar has become - This is a man that saw the future.

Ha ha, when this thread popped up I couldn’t help but think how prophetic your avatar has become - This is a man that saw the future.
I don't have an avatar. Believe it or not there's another poster known just as miles tarver.

So we are at the point in this cycle where people start naming anyone with a connection to the team whether they have experience or not? Its Marc Trestman Syndrome...
Let's not forget that Tony Dungy was on the basketball team for one season. His 48.5% FG percentage exceeded his completion percentage in all but one of his years under center on the football team. He's available, but as others have said, the parking pass issue probably is an obstacle that cannot be overcome.

Let's not forget that Tony Dungy was on the basketball team for one season. His 48.5% FG percentage exceeded his completion percentage in all but one of his years under center on the football team. He's available, but as others have said, the parking pass issue probably is an obstacle that cannot be overcome.
Ben is inspired by Tomlin. You're either on something or you're on to something.

Top Bottom