Miles Fleming Commits to Gophers!

New commit today?

This reminds me of Bateman’s thread. The first several pages contained a lengthy discussion of recruiting rankings, the need to land a 4-star recruit, etc.

Once he got bumped to 4 stars, the tone changed to concern that he would flip to Georgia.

Bateman’s initial rating wasn’t much higher that this kid’s.

He’s a mid 3-star. Those players make up the majority of the 2nd tier P5 recruiting classes, including Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?76512-WR-Rashod-Bateman-commits/page3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

For the record, I am glad to have this new recruit, even if he lowers our recruiting ranking. It's about the players that will improve the team, not some subjective ranking from a recruiting service. I'll trust PJ and staff saw something in this guy and he is going to improve our team. And like PitinoFan says - maybe he'll get bumped and even raise our ranking. Who knows at this point.

This reminds me of Bateman’s thread. The first several pages contained a lengthy discussion of recruiting rankings, the need to land a 4-star recruit, etc.

Once he got bumped to 4 stars, the tone changed to concern that he would flip to Georgia.

He’s a mid 3-star. Those players make up the majority of the 2nd tier P5 recruiting classes, including Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?76512-WR-Rashod-Bateman-commits/page3

Wait... so Rashad Bateman is THAT Rashad Bateman?

New commit today?

Definitely not Flecksters, for obvious reasons.

I’m not a Fleckster. I’m honestly pretty neutral on the guy, but I want to win.

In your opinion, does the addition of this kid weaken the class, or does it strengthen it? It’s not a trick question.

Last edited:

DPO and Spoofin made that thread unbearable. I’ll take your word for it.

Based on what I’m seeing, Rossi recruited him, and has known him for a while. Burns said Rossi wanted him badly. The kid seems like a class act, from what I can tell. He runs a 10.8 100 meters. Not quite as fast as Terell Smith, but fast enough.

In your opinion, does the addition of this kid weaken the class, or does it strengthen it? It’s not a trick question.

You have to be a Fleckster if your name is PitinoFan!

Also, I don't know how a 5.6, 3 star on rivals weakens the class. Maybe someone can explain it better.

Last edited:

Based on what I’m seeing, Rossi recruited him, and has known him for a while. Burns said Rossi wanted him badly. The kid seems like a class act, from what I can tell. He runs a 10.8 100 meters. Not quite as fast as Terell Smith, but fast enough.

He also goes to a school with high academic standards and his GPA is 3.7

On balance, and by definition, the addition weakens the class. Conversely, adding Kaden Johnson and Joe Moore will definitely strengthen it. I've been on record that I very much like what Fleck & Co have done recruiting the last two years.

I have posted many times, and absolutely believe, he will have all the talent needed to take the program to the next with classes ranked in the 35-45 range. My concern is that it is not sustainable without an elevation in the win total over the recent history before he was hired. This is a big year for him on the field.

On balance, and by definition, the addition weakens the class. Conversely, adding Kaden Johnson and Joe Moore will definitely strengthen it. I've been on record that I very much like what Fleck & Co have done recruiting the last two years.

I have posted many times, and absolutely believe, he will have all the talent needed to take the program to the next with classes ranked in the 35-45 range. My concern is that it is not sustainable without an elevation in the win total over the recent history before he was hired. This is a big year for him on the field.

How does a rivals 5.6, 3 star weaken the class? It's what most of the recruits are.

Please explain!

How does a rivals 5.6, 3 star weaken the class. It's what most of the recruits are.

Please explain!

247 - He pulled the average team rating down, and barely moved the overall points total by less that a point from 188.6 to 189.5.

You have to be a Fleckster if your name is PitinoFan!

Also, I don't know how a 5.6, 3 star on rivals weakens the class. Maybe someone can explain it better.

I can’t stand Pitino these days. I’d change my username if I could.

I can’t stand Pitino these days. I’d change my username if I could.

Fleck will finish so far ahead of pitino in this state that I think maybe you should look into a change. I'm just trying to help you out.

247 - He pulled the average team rating down, and barely moved the overall points total by less that a point from 188.6 to 189.5.

So 247 it is.

On rivals, we have only two players rated higher than a 5.6

New commit today?

That doesn’t even make sense. Are the other recruits suddenly less talented with the addition of this one?

I said average class rating. As in what the recruits are rated averaged out.
Those are your words not mine. I said he cares about recruiting rankings and provided three links to Coyle talking about recruiting rankings.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

New commit today?

Khalil Mack was rated .7000 and Corey Davis .7741 by 247. If the coaching staff identifies someone they think can be the next Davis or Mack, should they NOT offer them? It would obviously bring the average down, but it wouldn’t “weaken the class.” I’m pretty sure if we signed someone like that, there would be no shortage of snark around here.

EDIT: Eric Decker: .7889. Did he weaken the class? Well, according to the 247 average, for the class of 2005 (.8029) he did. Marcus Sherels wasn’t even rated. What effect did that have on the average? I honestly don’t know the answer to that.

Last edited:

I said average class rating. As in what the recruits are rated averaged out.

I’ve enjoyed this. You have done a great job of showing that Coyle doesn’t care about rankings. Super Duper job.

That doesn’t even make sense. Are the other recruits suddenly less talented with the addition of this one?

Recruiting rankings are old school anyway. It’s mostly about talent rankings and dots now.

Khalil Mack was rated .7000 and Corey Davis .7741 by 247. If the coaching staff identifies someone they think can be the next Davis or Mack, should they NOT offer them? It would obviously bring the average down, but it wouldn’t “weaken the class.” I’m pretty sure if we signed someone like that, there would be no shortage of snark around here.

EDIT: Eric Decker: .7889. Did he weaken the class? Well, according to the 247 average, for the class of 2005 (.8029) he did. Marcus Sherels wasn’t even rated. What effect did that have on the average? I honestly don’t know the answer to that.

Pointing out outliers isn't evidence of anything. Quit while you're behind.

Be nice to have a PR who isn't a front line player elsewhere.

I really worry when Williams or other folks who are critical to offense or defense take punts and /or kicks.

Irrational. There is no legitimate study that shows the injury rate on kick returns is any higher than on any other play. None.

Pointing out outliers isn't evidence of anything. Quit while you're behind.

Go F yourself. That isn’t even my larger point. Adding one player slightly below the average may lower the average, but it doesn’t “weaken the class.”

So are rankings are basically liars, too?

Funny Stuff. You act as if I’ve made up the PJ and MC lies. They are out there crystal clear for anyone willing to look.

Top Bottom