Mike Max o WCCO

G Man

Reaction score
Maxie just threw in the towel on Gopher football. Says we will never be an above 500 team. He says we are all kidding ourselves. I say B.S.

Maxie just threw in the towel on Gopher football. Says we will never be an above 500 team. He says we are all kidding ourselves. I say B.S.

Maxie's knowledge of college football rivals that of Paula Abdul...nothing. By the way, Paula is treated by a physician in Texas for chronic pain. Who treats Maxie for his low IQ?

Mike Max is a little old to be thinking like that...

I remember when the Twins were awful for 10 years and people thought they'd never games... (they're back being bad)

I remember when the Timberwolves first started and were awful for years. They've actually been awful except for the KG years.

I remember the pre and post Mason years when the Gophers were terrible. Heck, we were a .500 team two seasons ago, it isn't a very difficult task.

Mike Max is too old to have an opinion like that.

Max thinks we'll be terrible? I'm now even more confident that Kill & Co will turn this around!

Every now and then, when I have nothing better to do. And not watching any other TC news program. I turn to WCCO. When the sports segment comes on I will immediately switch the channel if Maxy is on the air. It is even worse when he is on Rosen's sports Sunday. What a waste of skin!

he is a dork. Maxiiiii is just that, a maxi pad.

I agree with Gopherjay for once about M Max, even though he was one of the biggest Brewter backers ever!

A guy like Kirk ferentz is only winning at a 55% clip at Iowa in conference play in his career. It is not completely unrealistic to say the gophers will never be consistently over .500 in the conference.

A guy like Kirk ferentz is only winning at a 55% clip at Iowa in conference play in his career. It is not completely unrealistic to say the gophers will never be consistently over .500 in the conference.

I wonder about that also, out of curiosity I checked the Wisconsin roster to see the make up of their team and where they were recruited from. Wisconsin is always used as the benchmark and why can't we succeed like they have. I was surprised to see that their starting offense is comprised mostly of Wisconsin natives. I just don't think Minnesota will ever produce that many D1 athletes, even if they all stayed at home. I think we are at a disadvantage even to Wisconsin.

Iowa is probably a little closer in home grown talent, maybe even less in state talent, but I wonder if their proximity to some markets, Chicago, St Louis, don't give them a slight recruiting edge.

Maxie is just pissed the Gophers left WCCO.

ding, ding, ding.

if you have watched him long enough and are not biased because he is a friend of yours, then you know that mike max is pretty clueless when it comes to sports. there are a few of mike max's friends who post here on g'hole who i am sure will jump in and defend him. but the guy is near the bottom of the heap when it comes to local sports reporting talent and knowledge. he just goes around kissing selective ass to get horribly done interviews for segments he is asked to do. his on camera style and speaking cadence are horrible to watch and listen to. couple that with being pretty clueless on most sports topics and it amazes me the guy has kept a job with WCCO for as long as he has.

hey WCCO..........go broadcast some lame st. thomas game. a station angry because they have lost the gophers, twins, wild in close succession.

as someone else noted our gophers were .500 just two seasons ago. mike max is a fool and a knob.

and if he said Kill is going to turn the program and be over .500 consistently everyone would be prasining him instead of ripping him.

and if he said Kill is going to turn the program and be over .500 consistently everyone would be prasining him instead of ripping him.

Yep....interesting how all of a sudden Max was a "brewster backer" ignoring the multiple threads dedicated to ripping him during Coach Brew's tenure.

And why would Max care if 'CCO lost the Gophers? A) he didn't work the games and B) his show airs week nights and he's still getting paid.

Not to doubt "G Man's" credentials, but a little context would be nice. (I'm also guessing he missed Max's interview with Marqueis on Wednesday night - Gray said if the coaches decided shortell was the man, he'd be fine with going back to receiver....always willing to do whatever the coaches ask of him).

I wonder about that also, out of curiosity I checked the Wisconsin roster to see the make up of their team and where they were recruited from. Wisconsin is always used as the benchmark and why can't we succeed like they have. I was surprised to see that their starting offense is comprised mostly of Wisconsin natives. I just don't think Minnesota will ever produce that many D1 athletes, even if they all stayed at home. I think we are at a disadvantage even to Wisconsin.

Iowa is probably a little closer in home grown talent, maybe even less in state talent, but I wonder if their proximity to some markets, Chicago, St Louis, don't give them a slight recruiting edge.

What? Minnesota have almost the exact same number of BCS and D1 recruits each year, with Minnesota often having a higher number. There is no built in advantage there, except for that they have now been winning and they get their kids. Iowa is not even close with number of D1 recruits.

There is no reason, based on demographics, that Iowa or WI should win at a higher rate than MN. The difference is systemic at the organizational level, and in coaching talent. WI was nothing until the combination of systemic commitment to athletics and Barry Alvarez resulted in their turning things around.

Mike Max loves Mike Max. He loves to laugh at his own comments or supposed jokes.

I for one had grown tired of his style of presenting the news. His comments I guess cements my attitude towards his overall
attitude. He thinks he cool and one of a kind. Yeah he is, move away.

I don't understand how someone with a speech impediment can be a professional broadcaster.

I don't understand how someone with a speech impediment can be a professional broadcaster.

I'm with you. I know it's not the politically correct thing to write, but from day 1, his speech was so distracting, I was unable to pay attention to what he was saying.

I can't stand the nerd mike max.

He thinks he is the next Sid Hartmann.......it's comical

Max is a tool. And he's just like everyone at WCCO. They're all rah rah for teams when they're on their station (Sid, Max, Dark Star when he was there), but become instantly less so when the teams leave the station. Other than Sid, nobody is more of a brown noser and rotten interviewer than Max.

Top Bottom