Mike Max "Not if, but when..."

Does anyone think the sexual allegations involving football players last year could be a problem? Just wondering what others think cause I have no clue.

I'm with Studwell on this suggesting there's more to the story. Also, I noticed that the thing Coach Kill focused on mostly during his last presser was "not cheating the University". He mentioned that 3 or more times, when nobody I know of ever hinted at that. Why did he emphasize that?

Also, Kill mentioned that he wasn't thinking clearly. I wonder if he feels he made a few poor decisions recently that he regrets. The Croft decision was particularly odd to me. Kill has his players best interests at heart yet the decision re: Croft will not benefit Demry.

I will miss Kill a lot and have difficulty envisioning Tracy being able to fill his shoes as the face of the program. I think Tracy will be a great coach, but fear he'll fall short in other roles. This whole thing stinks and I feel very sad and empty and scared about the future of Gopher football and basketball.

Teague turned out to be so, so bad. It's a real tarnish on the administration. He was like a 15 year old pervert in an incredibly important position. How could this happen?

Thinking not clearly meant his medication clouded his thinking.

Cheating the University meant, while taking meds and having clouded thinking he couldn't be the 14 hour 100% coach he wanted to be. He was saying that he couldn't give his all and be healthy. That's all.

Nothing worse than the chicken $hit move of playing the "I know something but I'm not going to say it. You'll find out when it comes out" move. If you know something is up, report it.

Nothing worse than the chicken $hit move of playing the "I know something but I'm not going to say it. You'll find out when it comes out" move. If you know something is up, report it.

Hope GW takes note.

Hope GW takes note.

Can't find it, but pretty sure I read a post by GW at the beginning of this year where he said only 1 more year of JK. Now I thought it was nuts at the time, but look prescient now. Granted if you throw enough against a wall something usually sticks.

Can't find it, but pretty sure I read a post by GW at the beginning of this year where he said only 1 more year of JK. Now I thought it was nuts at the time, but look prescient now. Granted if you throw enough against a wall something usually sticks.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure he has always meant that Kill would be fired by this year. Then when it didn't look like it would happen, he kept using the hashtag "#1moreyear".

Yeah but I'm pretty sure he has always meant that Kill would be fired by this year. Then when it didn't look like it would happen, he kept using the hashtag "#1moreyear".

Well that's just crazy talk. Without a Clem the Gem like cheating scandal, there was no way JK would be fired. Not a chance.

There have been very credible claims and accusations made about what went on in Louisville, and during that time, our coach was on the staff there. There's nothing inappropriate whatsoever about putting two and two together. I'm no fan of Mike Max - I think he's a hack so-called journalist who says one thing on his own, but kisses ass when actually speaking to people, (classic "Minnesota Nice"), but if we're speculating that he does know something (which I question, because he is a hack), it's quite reasonable to think that it ties to the Louisville scandal.

Putting two and two together is one thing, but saying that he would bet “with absolute certainty that it is Pitino related” coupled with his willingness to bet that the U “will be looking for a new men’s basketball coach this spring” goes well beyond that. 3399 is effectively saying that he believes that Pitino was somehow involved in the alleged misconduct at Louisville. That’s a very serious charge and, in my opinion, should not be made lightly. I don’t think there is enough known publicly at this point in time to reach that kind of conclusion responsibly. Plus, this is not the first time that 3399 has opined that Pitino will be gone after this next season. He made a similar prediction in a post last February. I think that raises serious questions as to 3399’s objectivity.

If Mike Max was told something off the record, he has no ability to report it.

Unless if you want to be one of those "I don't have a source, but I'm going to run with it" style of reporters that just throw stuff at a wall and hope it sticks. That's what bloggers do, but not TV sports reporters.

Unless if you want to be one of those "I don't have a source, but I'm going to run with it" style of reporters that just throw stuff at a wall and hope it sticks. That's what bloggers do, but not TV sports reporters.

True, but then don't infer to a national audience when you can't report the story. Makes him look like a smug a-hole. If you have something to say and you can back it up, say it. If you don't, keep it to yourself...

Maybe a lot of the stress and sleepless nights that caused Kill's recent siezures had something to do with
the football player harassment thing the strib reported?

Who knows, but had to stem from somewhere..

I think that's very possible. But no one else seems to think so.

True, but then don't infer to a national audience when you can't report the story. Makes him look like a smug a-hole. If you have something to say and you can back it up, say it. If you don't, keep it to yourself...

Exactly. What was the point of stirring the pot with absolutely no specifics? Anyone can get on the radio and make this claim. This seems like a ratings stunt to me. Unfortunately, if there is nothing to Max's claim, which I expect, nothing will happen to him. Giving him no disincentive to do this again.

If you make serous claims like this that have a strong potential to interfere with the U's athletic department, there must be some accountability for the person making the statement if the statement has no merit and is made merely to get an audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be wrong since I'm too lazy to look up the posts. But I do believe he said it would be health related because I recall it coming up a lot with the awful Souhon article.

Could be wrong since I'm too lazy to look up the posts. But I do believe he said it would be health related because I recall it coming up a lot with the awful Souhon article.
GW's "prediction" posting had nothing to do with health. It was about Kill's "inability" to recruit in the B1G and win meaningful games.

Media outlets report information on background all the time. If he was given information "off the record" and wants to respect a specific agreement, he can do some digging and gather/confirm the info from somewhere else. Apparently, he hasn't been able to yet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Your logic, sense of reason, and high level of maturity have no place on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In his own words, he "flip-flopped" to whichever theory fit his narrative. At first it was health related after the seizures. He said the U was lying about his health. Then when things seemed to be under control with his health, he switched to the rough patch in games this year.

Who gives a **** in the long run. He's a middle aged man with some mental health disabilities that he uses to justify being a total a-hole.

I really haven't been following this thread that closely but if you're referring to M. Max and wcco, then you have just lost all credibility with this post.

Just a little common sense should tell anyone Rick Pitino is not possibly so stupid as to think hookers would be a good idea anywhere as a head college basketball coach, but especially in a hall named after a 911 survivor. Are you guys thinking your baseless accusations through at all? He is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, he's a multi millionaire, but 25 dollar hookers will get us another championship.... come on.

You realize that in your version of events Pitino had no idea how recruits visiting his school were being handled during those visits, right? He's got 18 players + 1 or 2 recruits to keep track of and he completely abdicates that responsibility? That's leadership?

I'm not saying Richard had anything to do with it, that Max's allegations have any merit, or anything related to the OP, but those who claim that all of this was going on for a long time and yet Rick knew nothing about it are damning him nearly as much as if he did know.

There's a reason the NCAA passed new rules that presume the Head Coach bears responsibility. And there's a reason those rules are commonly called the Accountability Rules.

It was about 1983. I was living in central Stearns County. ch 7 had a nightly newscast, and Max was the sports guy.

Last year, on my way to a Twins game, I nearly hit him as he ran out in the middle of the street by CCO radio. True Story.

If you missed his show when it was Reusse, Dark Star, and Sid, you missed the best local UHF TV has to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GW's "prediction" posting had nothing to do with health. It was about Kill's "inability" to recruit in the B1G and win meaningful games.

That is my recollection as well. Essentially said Kill would never be able to recruit well enough in the Big Ten and that this year would be his last. Since last year he moved it back a season. My guess is if Kill was still the coach he would just keep predicting the following season would be his last.

It was about 1983. I was living in central Stearns County. ch 7 had a nightly newscast, and Max was the sports guy.

Last year, on my way to a Twins game, I nearly hit him as he ran out in the middle of the street by CCO radio. True Story.

If you missed his show when it was Reusse, Dark Star, and Sid, you missed the best local UHF TV has to offer.

I was in Alexandria at the time but I don't remember him being on kcmt. Then again it could be the mad cow.

I can't stand Mikey Max...I don't listen to his station and if he is on TV it's an instant change. He may have been a Gopher fan growing up, but back when WCCO had the Gophers game, he and Eric Nelson would go completely nuts about how great aWisconsin and Iowa were, on Gophers post game/"football final." He truly is a hack, no clue how he keeps a job in a decent size market

I think there's still a hangover of animosity at The Neighbor from when they lost the Gophers. Nelson and Thompson were particularly hard on the Gophers in a really snarky way.

I really haven't been following this thread that closely but if you're referring to M. Max and wcco, then you have just lost all credibility with this post.

Well put. I apologize. I should have said the Geriatrics crowd in St. Louis Park...

Ch 7 was awesome. ABC when it wanted NBC when it did not.

Top Bottom