Mike Max in for Dave Mona

I never missed an episode of Gopher Football with Jerry Kill last year. I thought Mike Pomerantz and Kill worked well together. This year, I fast forward through every segment where Mike Max talks with Kill.

This past weekend it sounded like Jerry was ready to hang up on the 2 of them and void the contract. I think contractually Jerry has to show up for these but you can tell he is almost ready to go brewster on the bit and quit doing these interviews. He is probably up til 3 A.M Sun going over the Sat game and then he has to phone in by 9 A.M.

A little story about Maxie. Several years ago before he got married he use to chase the skirts up in Brainerd during the summertime. One of his favorite haunts was the Commander Bar just before you enter Breezy Point. We were in there one Friday night tipping a few with the boys and sitting at the bar. Lots of ladies in attendance that were also mixed in sitting at the bar. Maxie comes up to this one absolutely knockout gal and says: "Hi, I'm Mike Max CCO radio/TV. You've probably seen my schtick on the air"...."Noooo, I'm from Chicago, buzz off" Man, he walked away with his tail between his legs

Mike Max went to Hamline..not sure if he completed his degree but it explains why he will slur the U and then mention Hamline played Mac. Similar to that Dave Lee fraud.....Golden Gopher booster myass.

This past weekend it sounded like Jerry was ready to hang up on the 2 of them and void the contract. I think contractually Jerry has to show up for these but you can tell he is almost ready to go brewster on the bit and quit doing these interviews. He is probably up til 3 A.M Sun going over the Sat game and then he has to phone in by 9 A.M.

That was Mason not Brewster who quit showing-up to his own show.

A little story about Maxie. Several years ago before he got married he use to chase the skirts up in Brainerd during the summertime. One of his favorite haunts was the Commander Bar just before you enter Breezy Point. We were in there one Friday night tipping a few with the boys and sitting at the bar. Lots of ladies in attendance that were also mixed in sitting at the bar. Maxie comes up to this one absolutely knockout gal and says: "Hi, I'm Mike Max CCO radio/TV. You've probably seen my schtick on the air"...."Noooo, I'm from Chicago, buzz off" Man, he walked away with his tail between his legs

Doesn't get much better than the Commander's garbage pizza. Good times... Doesn't get much better than Breezy in the summer either, for that matter.

That was Mason not Brewster who quit showing-up to his own show.
Yup. The list of things that Brewster is rippable for is lengthy, but he showed up after every loss and took the beating for the callers. I heard it on Sunday and Coach Kill just sounded tired. I'm sure he's sick of having to defend his decisions, but that's part of the gig.

Was there any times during the show where Mike Max wasn't talking about Mike Max? That's about all he does.

Top Bottom