Mike Hohensee

gophmeister

Reaction score
Last night I watched the '81 upset of tOSU on Hulu. They blitzed Hohensee all day and he only got sacked one time. Hohensee had an uncanny ability to escape the rush and throw a dart at his receivers.

sweet jesus I thought this was going to be ANOTHER gold 04 thread....

Nope, just thought it was cool to watch him play. It is amazing to see how much football has changed in the 28 years. Some other notables from that game were Bill Humphreys, John Carroll, Chester Cooper, Karl Mecklinburg and Jim Fahnhorst.

I was there in the open end of the stadium and to this day it remains the greatest football game I have ever witnessed in person. With all the passing and all the scoring, the game went on forever and back in 1981, they had one o'clock starts for these games. This was the first Saturday after the end of Daylight Savings Time and with the game going well over three hours and no lights at Memorial, it was getting pretty dark.

Jay Carroll scored on a long pass from Hohensee that Kelvin Bell tipped and then gave up on, thinking there was no one behind him. Buckeyes had one chance left, but Schlichter turned the ball over and went back to the sidelines and kicked his helmet all over the place.

Truly an amazing game.

...and I had this ready in my mind--

:horse:Hohensee. Never. Ever.:horse:

I am very cynical.

I apologize in advance because this is OT. I like the beating the dead horse emoticon and all but why does it have to be smacking the horse right in the nuts over and over again. It kind of disturbs me.

Disturbed: shaken, not stirred

I apologize in advance because this is OT. I like the beating the dead horse emoticon and all but why does it have to be smacking the horse right in the nuts over and over again. It kind of disturbs me.

Never noticed that before. It is disturbing...
:horse:

I was there in the open end of the stadium and to this day it remains the greatest football game I have ever witnessed in person. With all the passing and all the scoring, the game went on forever and back in 1981, they had one o'clock starts for these games. This was the first Saturday after the end of Daylight Savings Time and with the game going well over three hours and no lights at Memorial, it was getting pretty dark.

Jay Carroll scored on a long pass from Hohensee that Kelvin Bell tipped and then gave up on, thinking there was no one behind him. Buckeyes had one chance left, but Schlichter turned the ball over and went back to the sidelines and kicked his helmet all over the place.

Truly an amazing game.

I was serving beer at the Brick House (The Big Ten) before, during and after that game. One crazy, long afternoon.

Hohensee

Mike has the abiltiy to get the best out of his players. His experience at quarterback would do wonders for Weber and Gray. Hohensee at least should be QB coach for MN.

Who was OSU's offensive coordinator in that game? Maybe he should be our next coach-but maybe we should give Brewster a legitimate shot-what do you say?

Mike has the abiltiy to get the best out of his players. His experience at quarterback would do wonders for Weber and Gray. Hohensee at least should be QB coach for MN.
I'd love to see him on the coaching staff in some manner.

I was serving beer at the Brick House (The Big Ten) before, during and after that game. One crazy, long afternoon.

And I drank more than one of those beers! As I recall, the sky's were slightly overcast, but I was getting a bit foggy (and not Rickey Foggie).

Truly an amazing game.

I was there, too - a sophomore in HS. It still stands as the greatest sporting event I have witnessed in person.

Top Bottom