Mike Henry backing up Tinsley tonight

gophergv

Reaction score
According to the strib. I was intrigued since I have never heard the name. Anyone know anything about this kid. He must be getting after it in practice.

According to the strib. I was intrigued since I have never heard the name. Anyone know anything about this kid. He must be getting after it in practice.

Maybe it's Brendan Beal's alias.

Seriously, though, I've never heard of him either.

I sit on the home side and have seen him on the sidelines. Physically he's about the same size as Beal (6'1" 240). He's a freshman from Mahtomedi who spent a year at Iowa Western Community College.

I sit on the home side and have seen him on the sidelines. Physically he's about the same size as Beal (6'1" 240). He's a freshman from Mahtomedi who spent a year at Iowa Western Community College.

Maybe he is Sam Maresh in disguise.:clap:

Hope things are going well for Sam and he can return.

Mike was a great player at Mahtomedi... 120 tackles his senior year. Helped lead team to State Championship game as a junior where they lost on the infamous hail-marry pass against TG.

So he's a walk-on I take it? Good for him.

Here is a story I did on Mike Henryback in June

Mike Henry, a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker from Iowa Western (IA) CC, is a potential walk-on candidate for the Minnesota Gopher football team. He could join familiar face Ed Olson Jr. who he played with at Mahtomedi High.

Mike Henry helped lead Zephyrs to a 6-6 mark as a senior, losing to Northfield 21-13 in the state quarterfinals. The record is misleading as they had to forfeit five games due to using an ineligible player. He played alongside Ed Olson Jr., who was a redshirt freshman and his younger brother, Tommy, who has committed to Minnesota and will be a senior this season.

Iowa Western finished 5-4 mark this past season. He was named Academic All-Region XI 1st Team.

Here is a story I did on Mike Henry back in June

Mike Henry, a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker from Iowa Western (IA) CC, is a potential walk-on candidate for the Minnesota Gopher football team. He could join familiar face Ed Olson Jr. who he played with at Mahtomedi High.

Mike Henry helped lead Zephyrs to a 6-6 mark as a senior, losing to Northfield 21-13 in the state quarterfinals. The record is misleading as they had to forfeit five games due to using an ineligible player. He played alongside Ed Olson Jr., who was a redshirt freshman and his younger brother, Tommy, who has committed to Minnesota and will be a senior this season.

Iowa Western finished 5-4 mark this past season. He was named Academic All-Region XI 1st Team.

Top Bottom