Mike Canales

LittleKidLover

Reaction score
Mike Canales has been a coordinator in college football for 17 years. He also have NFL experience. We know that Brewster is interested in getting a guy who has had success both at the collegiate and professional level. Canales worked for South Florida since the program started, and would still be there if their head coach didn't punch a player. He also was the offensive coordinator of a team that was once number two in the country. Reports are Canales is interested and it seems like a great opportunity to go back to a coordinator with plenty of experience running an offense, unlike Fisch, who had no experience. If the reports are true, Brewster needs to interview this guy, and get him signed so that we can move forward to every important signing day. Don't wait around and let him get snapped up by someone else. He is a quality coach. Brewster needs to go get him now!

What do you make of the apparent back step in his career? Seems like a guy who topped out at a level below ours. Otherwise, I like him.

I don't think that he ever did take a step back in his career. I think he worked his way up to a big time D1 program, left to go to the NFL, then came back to college and worked at Arizona, and when the job opened up at USF again, he took it. Also Pac 10 and Big East is not really a level below us, especially when he helped his team get to number 2 in the country.

Here is a link to his bio

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=859867

Mike Canales has been a coordinator in college football for 17 years. He also have NFL experience. We know that Brewster is interested in getting a guy who has had success both at the collegiate and professional level. Canales worked for South Florida since the program started, and would still be there if their head coach didn't punch a player. He also was the offensive coordinator of a team that was once number two in the country. Reports are Canales is interested and it seems like a great opportunity to go back to a coordinator with plenty of experience running an offense, unlike Fisch, who had no experience. If the reports are true, Brewster needs to interview this guy, and get him signed so that we can move forward to every important signing day. Don't wait around and let him get snapped up by someone else. He is a quality coach. Brewster needs to go get him now!

WTF is up with your moniker buddy.

It is a reference to the tv show The Office. It is Michael Scott's screen name on match.com
to let girls know that he is interested in having kids.

1996 USF Offensive Coordinator/QBs
1997 USF Offensive Coordinator/QBs
1998 USF Offensive Coordinator/QBs
1999 USF Offensive Coordinator/QBs
2000 USF Offensive Coordinator/QBs
2001 NC State Pass Game Coordinator/QBs
2002 NC State Pass Game Coordinator/QBs
2003 New York Jets Receivers
2004 Arizona Offensive Coordinator/QBs
2005 Arizona Offensive Coordinator/QBs
2006 Arizona Co-offensive coordinator/QBs
2007 USF Pass Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers
2008 USF Pass Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers
2009 USF Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks

It all seems a bit going nowhere to me. But he's definitely experienced in the job with a good recruiting base.

It all seems a bit going nowhere to me. But he's definitely experienced in the job with a good recruiting base.

You mean like Brewster's career with the exception he actually has coordinator experience.

It is a reference to the tv show The Office. It is Michael Scott's screen name on match.com
to let girls know that he is interested in having kids.
LMAO, funny but very obscure, you may want to consider a change.

To me, that's perfect - perfectly content being OC w/o aspirations (hopefully). Also, I would think a USF guy would have some good recruiting contacts in Florida that we can draw upon.

Honestly, this guy would do more for me than Heupel, who I have heard (and this is just heresay) is a total d-bag.

Canales would be a good hire. We don't need a Kill Shot hire, we need a solid OC that can recruit and will be here for quite a while. Kind of like Cosgrove. The sooner we get off this Coordinator merry go round, the better.

I could live with Canales at OC.

It used to be when your team had success you lost coaches, but now you lose them regardless. My point is that the long term thing should be sacrificed for potential.

I'd like the team to interview the Kfan guy who mamages the PA show. He has experience with the St Thomas team.

Top Bottom