Michigan St. agrees to play Boise St.

Right after we put in a Maroon colored field. Or maybe a brown one so the opponent can't find the ball.

I sincerely hope MSU piss pounds these guys just to shut um up. So people know if Boise came to the Big Ten...they wouldn't be anything special.

I sincerely hope MSU piss pounds these guys just to shut um up. So people know if Boise came to the Big Ten...they wouldn't be anything special.[/QUOTE]

1. Are you sure about that.
2. That's why they play the games.

Settle it on the field.

That really means nothing to me. MSU is inconsistent year to year. I like them scheduling MSU, but they need to schedule a few powerhouses as well. Let's see them put an OSU or Alabama on that list. I'm sure both of those schools would be willing. Since they play such a garbage schedule, they need to schedule 4 powerhouse teams in the non-conference and win to have any chance in my book.

I'm sorry but scheduling Wyoming and Toledo in the non-conference isn't going to cut it. I will give them credit for scheduling Oregon State (even though 3-3) and Virginia Tech, but that still isn't enough.

That really means nothing to me. MSU is inconsistent year to year. I like them scheduling MSU, but they need to schedule a few powerhouses as well. Let's see them put an OSU or Alabama on that list. I'm sure both of those schools would be willing. Since they play such a garbage schedule, they need to schedule 4 powerhouse teams in the non-conference and win to have any chance in my book.

I'm sorry but scheduling Wyoming and Toledo in the non-conference isn't going to cut it. I will give them credit for scheduling Oregon State (even though 3-3) and Virginia Tech, but that still isn't enough.

After Boise St. beat Oklahoma in a BCS Bowl Game they really proved a point. They've handled teams like Oregon & VT who are not pushovers so to say they need to schedule 4 powerhouses IMO is just being kinda strict. We don't even play 4 powerhouses...OSU & sometimes Michigan when they're having a good year. I don't think we'd have their record with their schedule this year in the least...

I agree with the original post. I hope State schools them and shuts them up. There's no doubt they have a solid team, but winning one big game every year and pounding the JV population doesn't equal BCS rights.

Settle it on a green field. Boise State can take away the claim that part of their advantage is their distracting blue field any time they want by putting in a standard green turf.

God I hate Boise State. May Michigan State destroy them and burn them to the ground. Allah is merciful.

After Boise St. beat Oklahoma in a BCS Bowl Game they really proved a point. They've handled teams like Oregon & VT who are not pushovers so to say they need to schedule 4 powerhouses IMO is just being kinda strict. We don't even play 4 powerhouses...OSU & sometimes Michigan when they're having a good year. I don't think we'd have their record with their schedule this year in the least...

Well, the Gophers play much better opponents overall than Boise State so there is no need to schedule top notch schools in non-conference. But this year we still play Ohio State, USC, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, penn state, etc.. If Boise State played just two of those schools and maybe two middle of the pack teams in a BCS conference, I'd give them more credit.

This year they don't deserve to be in it because their schedule is just too weak. Their only signature win is Virginia Tech and they lost to James Madison. And the other three non-conference opponents are Toledo, Oregon State, and Wyoming. there is no "eye" test in NCAA football, its all about who you play and who you beat, and they haven't met the who you play requirements.

I agree with the original post. I hope State schools them and shuts them up. There's no doubt they have a solid team, but winning one big game every year and pounding the JV population doesn't equal BCS rights.

All of you ripping Boise do not have clue. They would wipe the field with MSU this year. They are more than solid on both sides of the ball and have great skill players to go along with a physical running game. On top of that they have an excellent defense.

What more do they need to do?

Well, the Gophers play much better opponents overall than Boise State so there is no need to schedule top notch schools in non-conference. But this year we still play Ohio State, USC, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, penn state, etc.. If Boise State played just two of those schools and maybe two middle of the pack teams in a BCS conference, I'd give them more credit.

This year they don't deserve to be in it because their schedule is just too weak. Their only signature win is Virginia Tech and they lost to James Madison. And the other three non-conference opponents are Toledo, Oregon State, and Wyoming. there is no "eye" test in NCAA football, its all about who you play and who you beat, and they haven't met the who you play requirements.

Boise St. would more then likely PWN Penn State, Wisconsin & Iowa. However I do agree that they should schedule at least 2 teams along the lines of a MSU or Penn State along with their Powerhouse Opponent...

I sincerely hope MSU piss pounds these guys just to shut um up. So people know if Boise came to the Big Ten...they wouldn't be anything special.

Yeah...kinda like Minnesota?

At some point, you just got to give a team some credit. They've done everything they can to prove themselves, including kicking every BCS team's ass that they play. And yet you still have people that qualify their success with "yeah, but they couldn't compete in our league." I'm a gopher fan, but we suck and Boise State is #3 in country. Live with it.

No one will play Boise State
http://omaha.com/article/20100908/SPORTS/709089803/0
There’s been some bold talk this week out of the Boise State camp of supporters. Nobody in a big-boy conference will play Boise. You think that you can beat the Broncos? Give them a call. We dare you.

Nebraska called. Nebraska tried.

In the past year, NU tried to put together a series with BSU; two-for-one, home-and-home, one-way trip to Lincoln. Whatever. It ended up fizzling out. Why?

Because, according to NU Assistant Athletic Director Jeff Jamrog, Boise wanted a minimum $1 million to play in Lincoln.

Geez, no wonder the Broncos can’t get anyone to play them. Pay Boise State $1 million to come to your town? Sorry, don’t want it that bad.
Riiiiight. No one will play Boise State. Let them keep riding that myth as long as they can.

All of you ripping Boise do not have clue. They would wipe the field with MSU this year. They are more than solid on both sides of the ball and have great skill players to go along with a physical running game. On top of that they have an excellent defense.

What more do they need to do?

Boise needs to play a stronger non-conference. Period.

I don't know about the original post because i don't think MSU is that good anyway. Just because they may or may not beat MSU doesn't make them deserving to play in the National Championship. They should play a stronger Non-conference to boost their strength of schedule and we won't even be talking about this.

I think we should let Duluth into the national championship because they went undefeated. Saying that about Boise State is almost as preposterous because they play such lower level competition over a complete year. Sorry Boise, life isn't fair.

Khaliq-

You are going to 100% believe the propaganda coming out of Omaha / Lincoln? Come on. The word in college football circles is that almost all BCS teams will play Boise IF it is a 2 for 1 arrangement. Where Boise plays two games on the road for 1 in Boise. I cannot blame Boise for asking for $$$ in this situation. A lot of you are saying "Boise needs to play a better NC schedule, period." It is not that simple. Most teams will not play them.

Kudos to VT for playing them this year.

Yeah...kinda like Minnesota?

At some point, you just got to give a team some credit. They've done everything they can to prove themselves, including kicking every BCS team's ass that they play. And yet you still have people that qualify their success with "yeah, but they couldn't compete in our league." I'm a gopher fan, but we suck and Boise State is #3 in country. Live with it.

I agree...we're below "Anything Special" at this point & it sucks. "Anything Special" would be along the lines of Indiana or Purdue. We're below both those teams right now...

Top Bottom