MICHIGAN ON NBC

Yes. I love night college football. The energy level is always higher and more festive. It is exactly everything what college football on campus should be.
Ditto. Unless it's super cold out.

This week 6 slate is a clear demonstration that the Big Ten Network is going to take a backseat to all other rights holders when it comes to conference games in the mid-season.

Big Ten needs to be careful not to make BTN irrelevant. People won't complain the next time there's a rights/fees battle if all they are missing is their team's annual FCS game

This has been the case since BTN started broadcasting in 2007. They always take a backseat to the other networks for the best games. Occasionally, they luck into a good game, but usually it is the bottom of the food chain.

That said, they get way more than the annual FCS game. They always get at least two Big Ten Conference games per week, and sometimes more. They just aren't the marquee Big Ten games.

Kyle Rudolph was on 93X this morning and he mentioned that he's going to start calling games for NBC. I assume he'll be the color commentator.

I think Kyle will be doing mostly the Peacock games.

The top NBC prime time guy is Todd Blackledge. I'd assume he'll have the MN-MICH game with Noah Eagle.

Last edited:

I'm sick of all the negativity expressed about the Michigan game. You play a game to see who wins. The Gophers have an opportunity (oops, that's a Fleckism); the Gophers are playing against a strong opponent. Lets see who plays the best and wins the damn game. No more of the "we're going to lose by 40". I remember the PSU game in 2019. Yeh, different OC, QB, and player roster, but the Gophers won the damn game and about 30,000 people went on the field to celebrate.. Lets have another 30,000 on the field come the night of 10/7. The Maze and Blue are not supermen; I don;t give a crap about how many 4 and 5 stars they have.

6:30, Nationally televised on NBC. Great, we get to have our asses handed to us on a platter for the entire nation to see as the Jug returns to Ann Arbor.

First game I ever saw in person was actually at Ann Arbor when the Wolverines kicked our ass 52-14. This has all the markings of another ass kicking by Michigan on our under skilled and under prepared Gopher pups.

This is going to be awful.

Yea we know why this game gets prime time viewing. Fans love passing.

Over-under on the number of times they say the name J.J. McCarthy: 200.

1695680741871.png

Gophers secondary has made many mistakes the last two games, so showcase that roasting on national TV.

The good news is the Gophers are making mistakes that make no sense, so maybe they will get corrected.

The defense in the first two games was menacing.

Which Gophers team will show up?

1695680908925.png

Was bringing the entire family back to MN to this game but after our NW loss, I cancelled all itineraries, flights and hotel reservations.

I’ve got 6 tickets in midfield home side (section 141) to sell 👍

This will be a great opportunity for PJ to change the direction of this program.

I'm really not sure how good Michigan is - and by that, I mean they might be good or they might not. They were only up 14-7 deep into the 3rd quarter at home against Rutgers. and they didn't exactly test themselves in the noncon. They have their first road game this weekend at Nebby.

Maybe an "anthracite out" game?

Not saying it's at all likely, but how crazy would it be if we upset Michigan on NBC during primetime......
It's about the only thing that could make the loss last weekend fade away.

Because yeah, you could be the team that blew a 21 point lead to Northwestern. OR you could be the nationally ranked team that lost to the team that blew the 21 point lead to Northwestern.

A few days ago I’d say I was hopefully optimistic about this game that it could be competitive. Now it seems like a beat down on national tv.

6:30, Nationally televised on NBC. Great, we get to have our asses handed to us on a platter for the entire nation to see as the Jug returns to Ann Arbor.

First game I ever saw in person was actually at Ann Arbor when the Wolverines kicked our ass 52-14. This has all the markings of another ass kicking by Michigan on our under skilled and under prepared Gopher pups.

This is going to be awful.
Be positive. There’s almost no way this can be worse than a 21-point fourth quarter meltdown against Northwestern.

Was bringing the entire family back to MN to this game but after our NW loss, I cancelled all itineraries, flights and hotel reservations.

Fair weather fan. Lame.

Oh, the Honer is mine as an outsider brought into the Gopher Family. Do I detect a bit of sarcasm from you, washUPtheGopher?
maybe. I'm from AK, my parents from St Cloud. Grad from UM 1n 1973. Oh good, we get a National TV game for what might be close or a 40+ blow. Will record and check final score to see how much I want to suffer by watching. Stuff can happen. Maybe some prayers are needed

What a sad fucher.

Top Bottom