Michigan, Notre Dame ending their series

None of the big 10 teams should play Notre Lame. They don't want to be in the big 10, so don't play big 10 teams.

Well they don't need to play in the midwest to recruit there sadly so this higher profile game cut probably made sense. They will keep USC/Stanford so they can play and get recruiting trips in to California every year. It is an unfortunate casualty of realignment though.

Common misconception: Michigan is Notre Dame's most historic Big Ten rival.

That's not the case at all.

Michigan State and Notre Dame have a more historic rivalry. MSU-Notre Dame have played nearly twice as many times as Michigan-Notre Dame.

Not to mention, ND was instrumental in helping MSU get into the Big Ten, playing the Spartans in football to help MSU gain legitimacy, while Michigan was doing all it could to stonewall MSU's entry into the Big Ten.

Michigan State and Notre Dame have a more historic rivalry. MSU-Notre Dame have played nearly twice as many times as Michigan-Notre Dame.

Not to mention, ND was instrumental in helping MSU get into the Bif g Ten, playing the Spartans in football to help MSU gain legitimacy, while at the same time Michigan was refusing to play MSU in an effort to stonewall MSU's entry into the Big Ten.

Thanks for the info.

As the saying goes, even the Pope hates Notre Dame.

Not to mention, ND was instrumental in helping MSU get into the Big Ten, playing the Spartans in football to help MSU gain legitimacy, while Michigan was doing all it could to stonewall MSU's entry into the Big Ten.

Purdue has played Notre Dame more times than either of them.

None of the big 10 teams should play Notre Lame. They don't want to be in the big 10, so don't play big 10 teams.

I don't hate Notre Dame as much as other people but I wish none of the Big 10 teams would play Notre Dame. Notre Dame is really the one gaining from this relationship.

Well, I had to look it up because you piqued my interest dp.

Purdue-84 times
Michigan State-76 times
Michigan-39 times

The misconception that SS alludes to, might be because of the date the series with Michigan started, 1887. The Michigan State series started in 1897 and the Purdue series started in 1896.

Purdue has played Notre Dame more times than either of them.

Yes, they have. Which means both Purdue and Michigan State have more history with Notre Dame than Michigan does, which further proves my point. ... Michigan is not Notre Dame's most historic Big Ten rival.

I'm bored with Notre Dame. I'd be more interested to watch Michigan play other BCS foes if I am going to take the time to watch a Michigan game.

Top Bottom