Michigan Leaving the Big Ten?

Supposedly they are flirting with the ACC.

Our new PAC 12 friends rn, fr fr.

pizza-delivery-community.gif

We’re going to take our ball and go home!
Wouldn't be Michigan's first time. They left the conference once already, from 1897-1917. Buncha cheaters and whiners if you ask me.

There are only 5 original founding members of the nation's oldest conference who have never left (Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin) all in today's Big Ten West.

"Try to hold us accountable for blatant cheating and we'll bolt leaving you with only 57 schools in the Conference."

Piss off, Michigan.

Good riddance. A bad neighbor out of the neighborhood.

Is there a way to expedite this?

I would swap straight up for North Carolina or, of course, Notre Dame.

PA acts like he doesn’t know college football. It is weird. Caaaaaane!

And then what?

Join another conference? Good luck finding a conference willing to give a revenue sharing deal anywhere close to what the B1G is giving.

Go independent? Have fun negotiating a media rights deal. All the major broadcasters already have deals to fill their prime time slots. Have fun on Apple TV+ I guess?

Also say goodbye to your 2 major rivals OSU and Michigan State. No way the B1G lets anyone schedule you for the foreseeable future.

Not gonna happen. The conference should call their bluff.

I agree with the sentiments expressed here that:
1. There’s little chance they’d leave
2. See ya if they do leave
but I just read the linked article and I’ll admit I haven’t followed this story very closely but it is a bit weird to me that Pettiti said there’s no evidence Harbaugh knew about it, but the punishment is Harbaugh gets suspended? Just seems a little odd- like there’s not another commensurate punishment that could be dealt to MI?

I agree with the sentiments expressed here that:
1. There’s little chance they’d leave
2. See ya if they do leave
but I just read the linked article and I’ll admit I haven’t followed this story very closely but it is a bit weird to me that Pettiti said there’s no evidence Harbaugh knew about it, but the punishment is Harbaugh gets suspended? Just seems a little odd- like there’s not another commensurate punishment that could be dealt to MI?

The Head Coach is presumed to be responsible for everything that happens in his or her program.
Whether he knew about it or not, to borrow a phrase from another B1G Coach - "It's on him."

So suspending Harbaugh (in theory) shows that the B1G takes the allegations seriously without penalizing the players.

Top Bottom