Michigan guilty of NCAA violations

Maybe a couple scholarships lost for a couple years, but nothing big.

Maybe not for Michigan as a school but for RichRod I think this is a huge deal. He's in trouble if they don't make a really good bowl next year to justify the scandal.

If these violations void Rich Rod's contract lessing the financial blow to UM he would be gone by now.
Still, he could be gone by the fall 2010. I think it is 50/50 right now.

If these violations void Rich Rod's contract lessing the financial blow to UM he would be gone by now.
Still, he could be gone by the fall 2010. I think it is 50/50 right now.

Nope. They are gonna give him one more year. Anything less than 9 wins and Les Miles is taking over (like he would have before if Herbstreit hadn't outed him on the eve of a NC game.

I'm more interested in the lying...

anyone remember? "We Know the rules, We follow the rules."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQSonaGEw4U

In the grand scheme of things, these are not huge violations. There will be a less than slap on the wrist in punishment, more of a waggle of a finger and a "Naughty Boy" from the NCAA.
I find it interesting that one of the violations was Quality Control coaches on the field and in meetings coaching. I thought the point of Quality Control was to provide independent over site? How do you maintain independence while coaching on the field and in the locker room?
The guy pulled a Sabin at West Virginia, why would he be trusted with the truth at Michigan?
If nothing else this should dampen the Holier than thou B.S. coming out of Michigan fans, if only for a little while.

1st major NCAA violation for UM football ever. The alum will not stand for this.

Top Bottom