Michigan Fans

I was there while Impaler played. The Michigan fans probably thought of the props Impaler used (heads on a stick and entrails pulled out of a band member) as foreshadowing.
I was there for Impaler too. Blood, and a body dummy being thrown around in the crowd. Quite the show!

They weren’t Iowa drunk, but they were definitely drunk.

There are a lot of people who believe that non-alumni fans are lesser than alumni - that's why he specified UW fans that didn't attend that school. It shouldn't matter whether you attended the school, if you're a jerk you're a jerk, and I don't buy the idea that those who have a degree are less likely to be that way.
People commonly use the phrase "t-shirt fans" or "wal mart fans" to describe these inferior beings.
Never once did I say 'lesser fan'. What I said is that there tends to be a pile on of obnoxious bandwagon fans that have no affiliation with a school when it is performing well - and those will be first ones off the bandwagon when things go bad. Sorry, but in my experience I find this to be true. Again, we are talking about statistical averages that I have observed so it does not apply in every case - but, it is my experience. Of the most hard core obnoxious Badger fans I have come across, most have gone to UW system schools but not Madison. Doesn't mean they are less educated - but it does mean their only connection to the school is cheering for a sports team so I think they tend to get carried away with it. Truth be told, I am from Green Bay and even in the Packer/Bear and Packer/Viking rivalry, I seldom ran across anyone that from Green Bay that has suffered through the bad years that was anything but good hearted rivalry with either the Bears or Vikings. Teasing in a good natured jest only. The horrible fans that want to fight after games tend to be from out of town and bandwagon jumpers. Sorry, but this is my experience.

As for the Badgers - I would even throw my own family into the mix. Not a single one attended Madison but turned on and followed the Badgers during the Ron Dayne years, etc. Now that the Packers were good and the Brewers were good and Badgers are down - not one does a Badger game get turned on or mentioned. They were bandwagon fans - although, thankfully, not of the obnoxious variety.

I wouldn’t hate it if Michigan wins it all. But really, I’ll cheer for any team in the playoffs outside the SEC not named Wisconsin or Iowa.
And you don’t have to worry about Iowa or Wisconsin being in the playoffs.

No
And you don’t have to worry about Iowa or Wisconsin being in the playoffs.
Normally, I would always cheer for the B1G team in any bowl game. However, with the expanded B1G, in a few years time it will be the equivalent of cheering for the NFC or AFC - not as special for me as the B1G is too big. I can even say I am still more likely to watch the game if it includes an old B1G member vs. Maryland, Rutgers, or even Nebraska.

They were annoying as fuck in 131 (save for a few older gentleman) - arrogant and the typical dumb fuck sports fan who thinks a team's success is THEIR success. Bro - you're a fat 45 year old who is overserved and would pull a hamstring in a 4 yard dash. Just stop.

They were annoying as fuck in 131 (save for a few older gentleman) - arrogant and the typical dumb fuck sports fan who thinks a team's success is THEIR success. Bro - you're a fat 45 year old who is overserved and would pull a hamstring in a 4 yard dash. Just stop.
Sorry to hear that. Our worst ever was an I-O-W-A fan during Kill's tenure that was making fun of Coach's epilepsy while just being plain obnoxius. A Gopher in front of him almost punched him. Should have called security and would do so in a minute now if it ever happens again.

Apparently the State of Michigan has only this past summer enacted a law allowing alcohol sales at university/college sports venues. Don't know if the Big House pulled that trigger yet.

Sucks nonetheless.

We had a portion of one row, low in 237, that was full of very vocal and annoying fans that started after the 2nd play. Problem was that they were Gophers fans. Laughed and made fun of everything and would not stop. Cheered sarcastically at any little thing that went the Gophers way. I'm not sure what is worse, this or annoying visiting fans. Pretty sure I know my answer.

We had a portion of one row, low in 237, that was full of very vocal and annoying fans that started after the 2nd play. Problem was that they were Gophers fans. Laughed and made fun of everything and would not stop. Cheered sarcastically at any little thing that went the Gophers way. I'm not sure what is worse, this or annoying visiting fans. Pretty sure I know my answer.
Ugh that's way worse.

Wtf, why even go to the game to do that?

There are a lot of people who believe that non-alumni fans are lesser than alumni - that's why he specified UW fans that didn't attend that school. It shouldn't matter whether you attended the school, if you're a jerk you're a jerk, and I don't buy the idea that those who have a degree are less likely to be that way.
People commonly use the phrase "t-shirt fans" or "wal mart fans" to describe these inferior beings.
Yeah, seems like he has a pretty weird take on this.

Yeah, seems like he has a pretty weird take on this.
With all the ridicule we endure as fans of team that has not been relevant since the adoption of color television - please do not add snowflake fanbase to the list. I am begging you.

Top Bottom