Michigan blog: I'm not Hoking: The Big Ten Doesn't hire Big Name Coaches

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Minnesota: Had some famous named coaches that didn't stay very long. Names all Michigan fans will remember like: Fitz Crisler 1930-31 he had a 10-7 record and Lou Holtz for another 2 year stint from 84-85. Lou went 10-12 in two years. Recently, Glen Mason was the Golden Gophers coach for 10 years and a 64-57 record. I guess Glen's record wasn't good enough and they hired Tim Brewster in 2007. Before Minnesota Tim was the TE coach for the Denver Broncos, before that he was the TE coach for the Chargers. His college experience came in 1998-2001 as Texas's TE coach and 87-89 as North Carolina's TE coach. I'm not a coaching expert but it seems to be this guy is a good TE coach. After Minnesota fired their good TE coach, they hired Jerry Kill from Northern Illinois who was 10-3 in MAC last year. Jerry has been the head coach of Saginaw Valley State, Emporia State, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois and now Minnesota."

http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, the big names thing really isn't a Big Ten forte, so I guess it shouldn't surprise us that we didn't net one. Let's hope looking back people will go "Yeah, Minnesota hired little known Jerry Kill but that turned into a beast of a hire with his three Big Ten titles and 7 BCS game appearances in 15 years".....LOL

Yeah, the big names thing really isn't a Big Ten forte, so I guess it shouldn't surprise us that we didn't net one. Let's hope looking back people will go "Yeah, Minnesota hired little known Jerry Kill but that turned into a beast of a hire with his three Big Ten titles and 7 BCS game appearances in 15 years".....LOL

I would be even happy with 1 or 2 Big Ten Title and 4 BCS game appearances.

Perhaps in 15 years, the Wolverines will wonder what it might be like to possess the Little Brown Jug again.

Rah!

Top Bottom