Miami fires Al Golden

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Da U's release:

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today that he has relieved Head Football Coach Al Golden of his duties effective immediately. Assistant coach Larry Scott will serve as the Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the 2015 season.

“Coach Golden has led our program through some very difficult times and he has done so with class, integrity and a true desire to see our students succeed on the field, in the classroom and in the community.” James said. “However, we have a proud tradition of excellence at Miami, not just in football but in all sports, and we want to compete for ACC and national championships. I simply believe that now is the time to bring the Hurricane Family together and rally behind our young men.”

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=210450744

Go Gophers!!

Will Jer bolt for Miami or UCF?

No doubt he will be the top choice for all the teams looking for coaches this off season. :) If the season continues on its current trajectory the one thing we won't have to worry about is someone trying to steal our head coach away from us.

No doubt he will be the top choice for all the teams looking for coaches this off season. :) If the season continues on its current trajectory the one thing we won't have to worry about is someone trying to steal our head coach away from us.

Mike Riley.

I'd say Dantonio will be on the short list for both programs. He'd be crazy not to think about the Southern Cal job. If that happens, Pitt may get screwed out of a coach yet again!

I'd say Dantonio will be on the short list for both programs. He'd be crazy not to think about the Southern Cal job. If that happens, Pitt may get screwed out of a coach yet again!

Born in Texas, went to college in South Carolina, and has done all his coaching in the Midwest. His next birthday will be his 60th. He's got it going on with Sparty. I'd be surprised if he were a candidate at USC (Trojans). The Cocks may come calling, but I'd be surprised if he had any serious interest.

How many former candidates that were considered by the masses ahead of kill have now been fired?
Ar least 3 now.... Hoke, Edsall, Golden
Who else?

Born in Texas, went to college in South Carolina, and has done all his coaching in the Midwest. His next birthday will be his 60th. He's got it going on with Sparty. I'd be surprised if he were a candidate at USC (Trojans). The Cocks may come calling, but I'd be surprised if he had any serious interest.

If Dantonio was interested, any school in the country would take him in a heartbeat. That being said I would be surprised to see him leave MSU because he has a great thing going there right now. I guess if someone backed up a moving truck full of cash to his front door he might consider it but at his age you would think he would be happy to ride things out at Michigan State.

If Bill Snyder at KSU retires, that will worry me the most. I sensed that JK was flustered by the stinging negativity of some fans & the local media after the CSU thru NW games. Minnesota Gophers is a tough recruiting place. What may keep him here is the new training facilities, but there is a tipping point where he says enough is enough.

If Bill Snyder at KSU retires, that will worry me the most. I sensed that JK was flustered by the stinging negativity of some fans & the local media after the CSU thru NW games. Minnesota Gophers is a tough recruiting place. What may keep him here is the new training facilities, but there is a tipping point where he says enough is enough.

but, but, but, he said this will be his last job.

I can understand why K-State would appeal to a guy like Kill given his background. However if Snyder would retire after this year and our season continues to go south maybe even failing to make a bowl game it would seem pretty unlikely that K-State would view Kill as a top candidate as his replacement.

Wouldn't K-State be a situation where they have a coach in waiting? Someone on the current staff?

Dantonio is quite happy at MSU and has had health problems. He's not going anywhere.

This whole "Kill will leave because of the negativity of the fans" narrative really, really needs to stop. Minneapolis-St. Paul is the kid's sandbox compared to almost any major college football media market. In addition, for the 85th time, he's overpaid here relative to his accomplishments. He's not leaving (a lot of) money on the table to go elsewhere.

Dantonio is quite happy at MSU and has had health problems. He's not going anywhere.

This whole "Kill will leave because of the negativity of the fans" narrative really, really needs to stop. Minneapolis-St. Paul is the kid's sandbox compared to almost any major college football media market. In addition, for the 85th time, he's overpaid here relative to his accomplishments. He's not leaving (a lot of) money on the table to go elsewhere.

Could not agree with you more. Also there are some here that keep acting like every school in the country is just dying to have Kill as their coach. At this point he is a guy that has been successful at the lower levels and seen a moderate amount of success in his first few years at a power 5 school however he has not done anything to this point that would make him a prime candidate at other places.

Wouldn't K-State be a situation where they have a coach in waiting? Someone on the current staff?

Not knowing what their current situation is, but they were burned by doing that the last time which ultimately led to Snyder returning. Ron Prince is on job five since leaving KSU following 2008.

+1. This message board is tame after a loss compared to other boards.

Having not lurked on other boards - cannot imagine worse than us after a loss, but WOW!

Someone always seems to link another schools board when things are going bad there. It only takes a couple of pages to see how intense other boards can get. I'd put us towards the middle with schools Purdue or Iowa State for example.

I recommend taking a peak at the Alabama board when they have a rare loss. Good stuff.

Top Bottom