Miami 4

getthemall

Reaction score
Currently Miami Central is 5-0 with a bye this week. They are ranked #2 in Florida in the 6A division. They have had some extremely solid wins which are below:

Central 33-Palm Beach Dwyer 14
At the time PBD was ranked number 10 in the country. Miami Central went in, at PBD's on campus stadium, and dominated. (Kick-off Classic)

Central 29-Miami Booker T. Washington 26

A very tough game in which Central had a 4th quarter lead 26-13. 2nd game, kids got a little cocky. Turnover and before you know it, tie score. Defense held them, booker T punted and Central made a 36yd field goal with about 1:30 seconds left. Defense held them again. Booker T is ranked #1 in Florida in the 5A division.

Central 20-Cocoa 0.
Cocoa is currently the 3 Time consecutive state champs in the 3A division (2008,2009,2010). They had a 38 game winning streak which was snapped by Cocoa's previous opponent. Hostile crowd. Played at Cocoa's on campus stadium. Had a 4 year streak in which haven't lost a home game and a 7 year streak in which they haven't been shut out. Central completely dominated this game. It should have been easily 41-0 but 2 touchdowns were called back and a stupid penealty negated the other one. But a complete ass kicking.

Central 24- Cicinatti Elder 21

Central traveled to Cincinatti and played on Elder's home on campus field.
20k fans screaming and yelling. As a fan of Central's, couldn't even hear yourself think. Came out with a win. Our starting tailback, who after 5 games has over 1200 yards, got injured on the first play of the game returning the kick off. Came back but was not 100%, but still did a good job. underestimated them, Elder came to play. A win is a Win.

Central 37-Miami Cristopher Columbus 34

Columbus, at game time, was ranked #1 in the state of Florida in 8A (large school division. Central in 6a.) A great game full of anything you asked for from a high school game. Rushing, passing, defense, it had it all. Columbus went on top 34-30 with 4:32 to play. Central marched down and scored, leaving .55 to play. Defense held them. Big time win for the program. Scout, USA Today, ESPN Rise all had Columbus beating Central. This loss took Columbus out of it's top ranking.

Central 10-Homestead High 6

Played 4 days after the Columbus game. Only 2 days of practice. This was a perfect game to have a let down. QB threw 3 int's. Number 1 running back in Miami had 2 fumbles. Team was very flat. This game was played on a Wednesday night after a high profile Friday game. But the defense held through.

All in all, a very good season so far. Ranked in the top 20 in the country. The Fantastic Four, Jordan Hinojosa DT, Josh Ballesteros LB/DE, Brian Nicholson LB, and Samad Hines WR, are playing well. Jordan, Josh, and brian are playing great. Samad is having a good year. Since my son plays defense, that is what I mostly give 100% watching. And Jordan Josh and Brian being close, that is my focus.

Not because I know these kids, and one is my son, but you are getting kids with b@ll$. That is what we need to be considered a team to reckon with in a conference like ours, B1G.

In 2 1/2 weeks we play Miami Northwestern which is ranked 4 or 5th in the state in 6A. Will let you know how we did.

Thanks for the information. It's nice to know how our out-state recruits are doing from someone that watches the games.

And also an FYI, Miami Centrals District is considered the second hardest district in the country with 3 state champs and a state finalist

hopefully all that success doesn't make them rethink their commitments, they seem like good players

If we go 1-11 will these kids all decommit from MN and Coach Kill? ;)

Thanks for the insight. Great to see we have some winners committed to the program.

Let's bring your son in and make it a Miami Handful. We need players with big cajones!

Just searched the school on Rivals and they have 7 players graduating this year alone that have committed to playing D1 football. That's like the entire state of Minnesota's D1 players in a year. Talk about a loaded team.

Funny how insecure Gopher fans are. The guy gives us an update on our recruits and it immediately turns into "I wonder if we aren't good enough for them". These kids knew from Kill that this year would be trying. They are coming here to play early, play a lot and take on the challenge of taking nothing and making into something; it's called being a fuc&ing winner and taking on challenges. They know Kill has a plan and Kill always told us he'd give up wins early on to get the foundation right.

Thanks for the update, I would guess we will probably see 2 or 3 of these guys on the field next year. Really looking forward to hinojosa, we need DTs, he will be playing a lot next year, especially if he is here for spring.

Wow!

Being from Palm Beach Cty I can appreciate what is going on down there in Miami.

The group can come up to Minnesota as a group and look at them selves as Playing at "Miami Central North" Stay together as a team!!

Its not weather Minnesota is good enough, it's Coach Miller constantly looking out for these boys calling them every week. I spoke with Coach Miller yesterday and he told me dont dispair. I told him, on the contrary, these boys are excited because they are going to play NOW. If anything, they will still be committed to Coach Kill. My son loves Coach Kill and Coach Miller. MY son says if he can be there after cancer, I want to leave my heart and soul on the field for him. TRUE STORY. Jordan Hinojosa, Josh Ballesteros, and Brian Nicholson are tight. Up to now, they are all going to MN and freeze their nuts off...lol. Samad Hines is a great weapon. Miami Central has a team that you can offer every senior, but Coach Miller didn't.

I really feel they know what they are doing. I have spoken to at least 10-15 D1 coaches, and those 2, Kill and Miller, are the most genuine. These boys know it's not going to be easy. They watch the webisodes.

Its not weather Minnesota is good enough, it's Coach Miller constantly looking out for these boys calling them every week. I spoke with Coach Miller yesterday and he told me dont dispair. I told him, on the contrary, these boys are excited because they are going to play NOW. If anything, they will still be committed to Coach Kill. My son loves Coach Kill and Coach Miller. MY son says if he can be there after cancer, I want to leave my heart and soul on the field for him. TRUE STORY. Jordan Hinojosa, Josh Ballesteros, and Brian Nicholson are tight. Up to now, they are all going to MN and freeze their nuts off...lol. Samad Hines is a great weapon. Miami Central has a team that you can offer every senior, but Coach Miller didn't.

I really feel they know what they are doing. I have spoken to at least 10-15 D1 coaches, and those 2, Kill and Miller, are the most genuine. These boys know it's not going to be easy. They watch the webisodes.

Thank you for the info and the support. It is great hearing from a recruits dad, especially concerning your son's commitment, attitude and how Coach Kill and Miller come across...very insightful and helpful.

I always feel the parents of the recruits have a level of insight above most that post on these boards since they know first hand what is happening.

BTW - wasn't there another player in Miami that MN was interested in and had some interest as well? Could you give an update?

BTW - wasn't ther

Send the DB Manning up. We'd like to steal him from Va Tech! They stole one from us not long ago.

Not because I know these kids, and one is my son, but you are getting kids with b@ll$. That is what we need to be considered a team to reckon with in a conference like ours, B1G.

Up to now, they are all going to MN and freeze their nuts off...lol. Samad Hines is a great weapon. Miami Central has a team that you can offer every senior, but Coach Miller didn't.

What's it going to be? First you wrote that these guys have the balls to play here-then you wrote they are going to freeze their nuts off because of our winters. Will they have their balls/nuts or not??;)

GIT R DONE!!!

Anyway, great to have you on board.. Please don't stop posting info like this, and we look forward to more of your insight as the Miami 4 grow into the Gopher program!

There was another player that was offered. That was WR D Joyner. He is a downright stud. The boys tried to convince him but he choose WVU.

D Manning, SHUTDOWN CORNER. But he has VA Tech and BAMA after him and those are his dream schools.

Thanks getthemall, it's great to hear your take and update on what's happening with Miami Central. Glad you and the Miami 4 are part of Gopher Nation.

And btw, it's been in the 80s here for the past week...

There was another player that was offered. That was WR D Joyner. He is a downright stud. The boys tried to convince him but he choose WVU.

D Manning, SHUTDOWN CORNER. But he has VA Tech and BAMA after him and those are his dream schools.

bummer on both counts...2 positions of great need.

Thank you for posting the update. This is the kind of news I like to read and see.

One must understand that even though there are negative and positive posts constantly flying back and fourth, it is because there is a lot of passion here at the U. We are not an apathetic group...

Welcome to Minnesota and one of the best Universities in the world.

I was thinking the same thing. It is impossible to read any Gopherhole football thread right now that isn't laced with a bunch of negativity. It's nice to hear the boys watch the webisodes. Just please distract them from this site for fear of them seeing what our "fans" are like when times are tough.

I was thinking the same thing. It is impossible to read any Gopherhole football thread right now that isn't laced with a bunch of negativity. It's nice to hear the boys watch the webisodes. Just please distract them from this site for fear of them seeing what our "fans" are like when times are tough.
Honestly, this board is pretty "normal" when it comes to freaking out in tough times. If you aren't already, you should be reading the This Week in Schadenfreude feature that Brian Cook does over at SB Nation. You'll see that there is plenty of crazy on the college sports internets and we've simply carved out our little piece. Seeing the crazy elsewhere doesn't make it less annoying here. Just puts it all in perspective.

Remember, in Miami, your a Dolphin fan and/or a Hurricane fan. So we are used to $h!t talking. It gets crazy here also.

But really looking forward to The number 71 learning institution where my son and his friends will have the opportunity to be a part of tradition. Jordan was quoted as saying, " I can't wait till we get there and help put UM in the top 25 like before!"

I disagree. I find this board to be generally MORE negative than others that I visit, and I visit a lot of them. That is true in general, as well as specifics such as the way fellow "fans" are willing to name call and jump on each other here. I get frustrated as much as the next guy, the team is horrible right now, but I see no value in continual "we'll never be good enough" babble. I'm visiting less often these days, just like I had to take a partial vacation from it last year when the team was 1-9.

Remember, in Miami, your a Dolphin fan and/or a Hurricane fan. So we are used to $h!t talking. It gets crazy here also.

But really looking forward to The number 71 learning institution where my son and his friends will have the opportunity to be a part of tradition. Jordan was quoted as saying, " I can't wait till we get there and help put UM in the top 25 like before!"

I love this. Welcome aboard, getthemall. I'm looking forward to your future updates.

I disagree. I find this board to be generally MORE negative than others that I visit, and I visit a lot of them. That is true in general, as well as specifics such as the way fellow "fans" are willing to name call and jump on each other here. I get frustrated as much as the next guy, the team is horrible right now, but I see no value in continual "we'll never be good enough" babble. I'm visiting less often these days, just like I had to take a partial vacation from it last year when the team was 1-9.
How much time do you spend on ESS-EEE-SEEE boards or Texas boards? From all accounts and from the little time I've spent reading them for laughs via links from a TWIS column I wouldn't say this board is near to the worst. The jumping down each others throats thing is really prevalent to be sure. But the football factories and wanna be FB factories down south seem to find folks who take it to a new level sometimes.

It's tough to measure, obviously. Perhaps I should be thankful and happy with the knowledge that somewhere, somehow, there are worse fans with more negativity. Hurray for me.

It's tough to measure, obviously. Perhaps I should be thankful and happy with the knowledge that somewhere, somehow, there are worse fans with more negativity. Hurray for me.
Ha ha...I can feel your excitement. And maybe you're just looking at a more specific thing than me. For overall crazy, this board isn't in the ballpark. I tend to lump negative in with crazy sometimes because a lot of the really super negative things uttered also come from posters who bring the crazy.

Nice work Getthemall. We need some perspective from actual people instead of the morons that tend to take over this board in tough times.

Top Bottom