MIAC Facility Wars - next move

It's good to be biased. I like loyalty to one's school! And now that you mention it.. there are some good comparisons for the Gusties and the Gophers. Except that your Ohio State is leaving the conference. Opens a door for sure.
Ha! Yes. Gustavus had a long and glorious period of conference football championships in the old days, but hasn't won one since 1987. Gustavus opened a new state of the art, easily expandable stadium recently. Gustavus has had coaches that have maintained respectability in the program but haven't had championships. Gustavus has had great, if not at times spectacular success in the Olympic sports but the splash in high profile football continues to wait.

Does this sound familiar to any other college football stories you know?

When you are up there, be sure and get a loaf of that delicious Saint John's Multi-grain Bread. If you have time, and it is Autumn, take time to go for a walk on the trails through Saint John's woods. Saint John's is only about 1-1/2 hours from Crosby.

Thanks Hungan. I appreciate that. I actually live quite a ways north east from Crosby, but I could make a St. John's weekend work. I appreciate the info.

Thanks Hungan. I appreciate that. I actually live quite a ways north east from Crosby, but I could make a St. John's weekend work. I appreciate the info.

SJU is a very fine place to spend a day. Get breakfast pregame on campus, wander the woods, sit on the hill and take in a beautiful game

Somewhat off topic, but here you go. You get a feel for the small college DIII football experience at its best. People will miss the Johnnie-Tommie rivalry.

A nice story about John Gagliardi

Last edited:

Top Bottom