Mel Tucker DID get fired. With cause.

@Plato why wait all the way until Sept 10, if that investigation finding that evidence you hypothesize about concluded in July?

No coincidence at all that it was the same day as the article was published?

Don’t be absurd and silly.

He’ll be let go because of the reasons already mentioned by others. CYA, Nassar, etc.

I’m sure it’s a done deal.

The only interesting bits worth discussing are: will he try to sue after they attempt to withhold all money, and who leaked it to USAT and what was their motive?

I mean … no one actually thinks this was just investigative reporting, do they??

If so … go back to sleep.

@Plato why wait all the way until Sept 10, if that investigation finding that evidence you hypothesize about concluded in July?

No coincidence at all that it was the same day as the article was published?

Don’t be absurd and silly.
Michigan State's policy for handling sexual misconduct cases requires an employee's superior to be made aware of any ongoing complaints about them but to prevent the superior from knowing any of the details about the complaint until the case has been closed. Experts say this firewall between employees and their bosses is part of a trauma-informed best practices approach to protecting the integrity of an investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/michi...ucker-amid-harassment-case/story?id=103073669

until the leak I don't think anyone knew

He single-handedly got himself fired.
giphy.gif

He’ll be let go because of the reasons already mentioned by others. CYA, Nassar, etc.

I’m sure it’s a done deal.

The only interesting bits worth discussing are: will he try to sue after they attempt to withhold all money, and who leaked it to USAT and what was their motive?

I mean … no one actually thinks this was just investigative reporting, do they??

If so … go back to sleep.
Given the very large amount of money involved, it is certain that his attorneys are in settlement discussions.
It is my understanding that only two individuals paid for that absurd 10-year, 95 mill contract and they might have some say in what a settlement would look like.
He is being let go because he put himself in a very bad situation for reasons that are difficult to understand.

But I absolutely do believe some third party was motivated to leak it to USAT.

Who and why?

Michigan State's policy for handling sexual misconduct cases requires an employee's superior to be made aware of any ongoing complaints about them but to prevent the superior from knowing any of the details about the complaint until the case has been closed. Experts say this firewall between employees and their bosses is part of a trauma-informed best practices approach to protecting the integrity of an investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/michi...ucker-amid-harassment-case/story?id=103073669

until the leak I don't think anyone knew
Yes.

Which is why there was nothing until this week.

Michigan State should’ve led with this at the press conference

Mel is considered to be a very kind and genuine teacher. Coaches and analysts alike comment on his humility and sincerity. This new issue is sad.
Um, yeah..... being fooled is a common characteristic in this kind of stuff. Masks ain't just for COVID.

I'll put the over/under on Tucker's settlement at $35,000,000
Wuttaya takin?
Under based on what I’ve read about a morality clause and the fact she was paid by MsU

Even if it was consensual it seems like they could fire for cause, and he doesn’t deny something sexual happened.

Did you
See
Mel’s letter. He is going to get canned and not paid.

Everybody loves gawking at a train wreck and this….yeah this qualifies. We’ll probably never hear the full story of this (apparent? alleged?) relationship although the gawker in me would love to hear how it developed, the competing allegations, etc. Absolutely wierd, bizarre, disturbing from a few different angles. WTF probably isn’t sufficient.

Tracy filed a complaint with MSU in December, initiating a Title IX investigation into Tucker. Citing that investigation, USA Today reported the alleged details of the April 26, 2022 phone call in a story published late Saturday.

"In her interview, [Tracy] became extremely tearful, to the point of sobbing, describing this portion of the parties’ encounter,” a report from Michigan State obtained by USA Today said. “[Tracy] could hear [Tucker] masturbating, including ‘every stroke.’ She could hear the noise of some kind of lubrication being used. [Tracy] said it was ‘so loud and gross.’ She could hear [Tucker] ‘moaning and groaning.’ [Tracy] ‘kind of froze’ in the moment at first.
"[Tracy] thought to herself, ‘Oh my god, this is happening and I can’t stop it, it’s going to happen whether I like it or not.’ [Tracy] was trying to figure out what to do. It didn’t occur to [Tracy] that she could hang up. [Tracy] kept thinking over and over that she has to say something and that she can’t let this happen again, referring to her prior experience of being a victim/survivor of sexual assault.”

Tucker defended the phone call as part of a "mutually consensual and intimate relationship" in a March letter to the Title IX investigator. In his statement Monday, Tucker detailed what he described as an ongoing personal relationship with Tracy.

"Ms. Tracy and I engaged in dozens of calls throughout fall 2021 and winter 2022, many of which she initiated and which occurred late at night," Tucker wrote. ... "Ms. Tracy encouraged our personal relationship by inviting and accepting gifts from me.”

Tucker wrote that those gifts included a donation to her non-profit and "expensive athletic shoes" for which she provided her shoe size and a mailing address.

Tucker further defended his account of his relationship with Tracy, writing that it took place after he and his wife “had been estranged for a long time.” Tucker, 51, is married, with children.

What two consenting adults do in their free time, in private, is no one else’s business.

MSU is going to have to be super careful considering all the Larry Nasser shit that went down.
Dantonio’s players had a lot of sexual assault / violence against women issues as well. Tom Izzo even had some controversial handlings of sexual assault with a player.

Would bet MSU has a ton of buried skeletons going back to Perles days, as do probably most every major program.

Top Bottom