Megan on whether Fleck will be here in 5 years

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per her Q&A:

Q: With the success on the field and the success in recruiting, do you see Coach Fleck coaching at the U in 5 years? – @davefauth
A:
Truly, who is to say? That’s such a personal decision. The short answer is yes. I can see anybody doing anything, nothing surprises or disappoints me anymore, haha. When a coach decides to change jobs, I think it really comes down to what he/she individually want. Some people crave change and want to climb to the highest heights they can. Some enjoy the challenge of staying and building and having a long career at one place. I don’t think either is wrong. I can’t say I can predict what P.J. Fleck might do in five years. But definitely if a program is continuing to rise, it makes it less tempting to leave.

Go Gophers!!

What is there about Megan that makes her an authority on football, Coach Fleck or, indeed, anything? Isn't she just a young woman working as a sport reporter? Does she live at the Fleck home? Have extensive experience at sport reporting? Has dated a football player once, twice? Seen 28 Gopher football games? What regarding what? Megan's thoughts for today about nuclear war with North Korea?

What is there about Megan that makes her an authority on football, Coach Fleck or, indeed, anything? Isn't she just a young woman working as a sport reporter? Does she live at the Fleck home? Have extensive experience at sport reporting? Has dated a football player once, twice? Seen 28 Gopher football games? What regarding what? Megan's thoughts for today about nuclear war with North Korea?

I really despise this saying, but find it truly applicable after reading this spew...."ok boomer".

Meg Ryan was in Top Gun, i trust her.

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

What a garbage take. Probably says quite a bit about who you are as a person too. So sexist...

Falsus keeps showing us how scummy he is. When will people believe he just might be a scumbag?

When I read the thread title for some reason I thought it said Heather (as in PJ's wife) not Megan so the response was a little troubling. Then I realized it was not Heather and it made a lot more sense (still early, reading comprehension skills not quite there yet).

Now as to our buddy Veritas's reply....Bet he thought Cam was totally in the right....

If you don't like the fact that she is the Gopher beat reporter for the largest newspaper in the area, then don't read her!

She has a lot more experience and contacts in the field than you do. We finally have a decent reporter that is doing more in-depth articles about the University on a frequent basis. She answers a question that was submitted to her and you are go off attacking her credibility?

I have read more ST articles in the last few months than I have over the last few years. Megan is going a fantastic job.

This.

Go Gophers!!

Give me a person who actually understands the game of football, like our own Dan House. But more than that, this is a thing about reporters interviewing reporters as experts on what they are reporting on. Almost never happened when I was young and now it is being done all the time.

When I read the thread title for some reason I thought it said Heather (as in PJ's wife) not Megan so the response was a little troubling. Then I realized it was not Heather and it made a lot more sense (still early, reading comprehension skills not quite there yet).

Now as to our buddy Veritas's reply....Bet he thought Cam was totally in the right....

I don't care at all that she is female. I found both her answers above to be totally vanilla without any insight whatsoever. Pure yawn. Why bother?

What a garbage take. Probably says quite a bit about who you are as a person too. So sexist...

Why is it sexist to state the obvious about a young journalist? This one, that one, almost all of them. Compare any to someone like Daniel House and what do you see? One knows and can explain, one neither knows nor can offer any insight at all. If Bleed interviews one we get something. Interview the other and we get what?

A crabby response from you?

No, I just don't like the modern trend of interviewing non expert reporters about things they know next to nothing about by other reporters trying to fill their copy quota for the day. The media today does that all the time. "Bill, age 26, has a journalism degree from Hill City University and we want to know his thoughts on the Feds new interest rates." "Thanks Warren, I think they are bad." "Truely, who is to know?"

Man you sound like so much fun

I don't care at all that she is female. I found both her answers above to be totally vanilla without any insight whatsoever. Pure yawn. Why bother?

Oh come on....you directly challenged her qualifications and asked if she had dated a football player.

Should tell you something when literally nobody is coming to your defense or agrees with your take....it should tell you something, but we all know based on your past posting history that it won't.

No, I just don't like the modern trend of interviewing non expert reporters about things they know next to nothing about by other reporters trying to fill their copy quota for the day. The media today does that all the time. "Bill, age 26, has a journalism degree from Hill City University and we want to know his thoughts on the Feds new interest rates." "Thanks Warren, I think they are bad." "Truely, who is to know?"
I bet PJ could even recruit at Hill City University.

Megan Ryan has prior experience covering College FB - including covering Penn State for a paper in Pittsburgh.

and BTW, I believe Daniel House is a recent graduate of the U of M. He's in his early 20's. this is NOT a personal criticism of House - just pointing out that he is younger and has less real-world experience than Ryan.

Top Bottom