Media Coming Together?

If cable company is the only realistic broadband service at your house and you currently bundle for internet and TV with them, then they’re going to make it almost the same price if you try to drop TV.

Cord cutting just seems tough to justify unless you have another way to get internet.

Having everything you want to watch in one, dedicated system, with one menu/guide, versus an ultra fragmented, in and out of 10 different apps hunting for what you want to watch …. to save net $20/mo when you factor in more expensive internet?

I don’t see how it makes sense.

Cable TV died today.
When cable came out they said "Network TV died today".

When Network TV came out they said "Radio died today".

When Radio came out they said "Western Union died today".

When telegraphs came out they said "the Pony Express died today".

Etc.

Used to be that the Gophers were on TV maybe once or twice a year. Now people bitch if they have one game a year that is on a streaming service that they don't subscribe to. And most of these people don't even attend games because its too cold, too hot, too rainy, too snowy, the concessions are slow, security is slow, or they are just cheap-ass skinflints who want everything for free.

"I'm not buying a $50 ticket to the game OR pay a cent to see the games online because I'm a tax-payer goddamn it!"

Gezzus palomino. Move with the times or get left behind.

I already get all of those channels (except ESPN+) with Directv.

Streaming was, is and always will be a bad idea for consumers.

The "I'm so smart" cord cutters just keep making everything more expensive.

This is what networks should have done as soon as the internet became a feasible content delivery platform. There is absolutely no reason for cable companies to exist. Create the bundle yourselves and cut out the middle man.

That said, I'm not interested in this because it's still missing like 5-6 sports channels that I want. Get everyone on board and you'll sell me, but not only that, you'll kill cable overnight.

I‘m still with Comcast, and I’m bundling their “Triple Play” (or some such silly name) package (Cable TV, internet, and landline phone).

When I call and tell them to cancel my landline phone, they tell me it’ll be more expensive to have just the two parts than to stay with all three, so I keep my landline phone package, even though it’s been a bunch of years since we’ve used it.

I just shrug my shoulders and keep on keepin‘ on.
a what?!

Also they're lying to you. You can find double play packages for cheaper. The phone people are clever because they don't compare apples to apples many times.

Top Bottom