McCord, Fleming and Raiola to Nebby?

Raiola is an interesting kid. 6'3" 230lbs. Will be interesting to see if he pans out.
The rumor mill is that he is a bit of a headcase. tOSU, supposedly, didn't think he was a "cultural" fit. I have no idea if that is their version of "we cooled on him" but supposedly there are pesonality concerns with him.

If he does pan out, he'd look pretty good in Rhule's offense.

The rumor mill is that he is a bit of a headcase. tOSU, supposedly, didn't think he was a "cultural" fit. I have no idea if that is their version of "we cooled on him" but supposedly there are pesonality concerns with him.

4 high schools and 3 colleges in 28 months sounds like a bit of a headache.

I think he has been at like 6 schools in 7 years or something like that.
Already now moving onto his second college commitment

Latest scuttle butt from Georgia sources is that the kid/family have an agent involved with things that could be getting in the way. I’ve read earlier that NIL wasn’t gonna be the issue, but playing time is. Insiders are saying that Raiola wants Georgia to commit to him being the starter day one. That doesn’t seem like Smart’s style to me. If true, expect him to play in Lincoln. We’ll see how it unfolds.

Latest scuttle butt from Georgia sources is that the kid/family have an agent involved with things that could be getting in the way. I’ve read earlier that NIL wasn’t gonna be the issue, but playing time is. Insiders are saying that Raiola wants Georgia to commit to him being the starter day one. That doesn’t seem like Smart’s style to me. If true, expect him to play in Lincoln. We’ll see how it unfolds.
A program like Georgia doesn’t need him that badly. If true, I’d say take a hike if I’m Georgia. Not worth it.

Means that Raoila and McCord really can’t go to the same team. Why would McCord move to a place that had guaranteed the starting spot to a younger, unproven QB still in HS? Bizarre.

If that’s true would be pretty odd for both him and McCord to go to Nebraska

This was all happening prior to NIL, now it’s just out In the open.

Dylan Raiola flips commitment to Nebraska: How Huskers jumped Georgia for 5-star QB

Besides his uncle being the OL coach, his pops was an All-American center there - don’t think he goes there otherwise, without those family ties.

https://theathletic.com/5143969/202...a-flip-recruiting/?source=user_shared_article

LINCOLN, Neb. — The drama is over. Dylan Raiola, a five-star quarterback who was ranked as the top prospect for much of the 2024 recruiting cycle, has flipped his commitment from Georgia to Nebraska, he announced Monday. Raiola informed the Nebraska coaching staff of his decision while on an official visit to Lincoln from Friday to Sunday. Here is what you need to know:

• Raiola is ranked as the No. 6 player nationally and the No. 2 QB by the 247 Sports Composite. He committed to Georgia in May after five months back on the market following his de-commitment from Ohio State a year ago.
  • His father, Dominic, was an All-American center at Nebraska whose career ended in 2000 before he played 14 seasons for the Detroit Lions. Dominic’s brother and Dylan’s uncle, Donovan, is set to enter his third season in 2024 as the Nebraska offensive line coach. He was the only full-time assistant retained last year by new coach Matt Rhule.

Top Bottom