MB3 arrested, damaged women’s cars while running, Frisco police say

If you think he unavoidably and accidentally ran into two cars, I’ve got some swampland in Florida that you can have if you send me a check. In the business they call it, “seeking out contact”.

My baseline assumption is anyone riding a bike, powered or otherwise, in traffic full of distracted, speeding humans wrapped in 4-5000 pounds of alloy is someone that has nothing to lose/is at rock bottom (which hey, is a form of freedom). Please remember to check the donor box.
Agreed. Bikers might be "right" a lot of the time (although I see them break more traffic laws than cars) but if all it takes is one little mistake by a car to kill you, count me out of biking on busy streets. I only bike on designated trails.

Back to MB3 ... He needs help. Seems like he comes from a great family so I assume they've tried to get him help. Hopefully somehow, some way he gets the help he needs. The NFL should also be putting resources into helping former players like him.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Which is why cities need to keep removing vehicle lanes and using the space to create protected bike likes (with physical barriers preventing "mistakes" by drivers).

Or, people concerned about their safety could just take the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why cities need to keep removing vehicle lanes and using the space to create protected bike likes (with physical barriers preventing "mistakes" by drivers).

Or fine the the f’g bike riders for breaking laws. Used to do that a lot when I lived in Oregon.

Let me guess who's going to pay for that.

Just another in a long, long line of idiotic thoughts posted here.

Might be a situation where you stop at the stop sign but then have to creep forward to see oncoming traffic, thus obstructing the crosswalk. If that was the case, he is totally in the wrong. But none of us truly know what happened. Seems odd that he would do it twice in one day, almost like he was on a mission.

You mistook my post. There is no stop sign involved here. An exiting driver MUST stop at every drive entrance (into a private driveway, shopping center, gas station, etc.) where there is a sidewalk crossing involved. Backing out or driving out. You are supposed to stop behind the sidewalk and then proceed. Most drivers do not know of the law and don't do it. This is true in every state.

2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapter 169

169.31 STOP AT SIDEWALK.
The driver of a vehicle within a business or residence district emerging from an alley, driveway, or building shall stop such vehicle immediately prior to driving onto a sidewalk or into the sidewalk area and shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and all other traffic on the sidewalk.

Are you one of the many bikers that don’t stop at stop signs? Or obey any laws? Bikers are the worst. Worst.

I'm one of those bikers who tries to ride in a manner that is consistently both practical, and courteous to other people and traffic. A little consideration goes a long way. (Or it would, if more people had any.)

You mistook my post. There is no stop sign involved here. An exiting driver MUST stop at every drive entrance (into a private driveway, shopping center, gas station, etc.) where there is a sidewalk crossing involved. Backing out or driving out. You are supposed to stop behind the sidewalk and then proceed. Most drivers do not know of the law and don't do it. This is true in every state.

2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapter 169

169.31 STOP AT SIDEWALK.
The driver of a vehicle within a business or residence district emerging from an alley, driveway, or building shall stop such vehicle immediately prior to driving onto a sidewalk or into the sidewalk area and shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and all other traffic on the sidewalk.
That's exactly what I am saying. They could have legally stopped at the stop sign, then crept forward to see oncoming traffic. Maybe they didn't see him coming for whatever reason or maybe they saw him and decided to be jerks and make him go around. We don't really know. But the fact he did it twice in one day makes it sound pre-meditated on his part.

That's exactly what I am saying. They could have legally stopped at the stop sign, then crept forward to see oncoming traffic. Maybe they didn't see him coming for whatever reason or maybe they saw him and decided to be jerks and make him go around. We don't really know. But the fact he did it twice in one day makes it sound pre-meditated on his part.

Perhaps but not likely. 90% of drivers don’t stop or roll stop on top of the sidewalk if there is no significant traffic.

That said, this isn’t the first incident that MBIII has been involved with where his anger issues appear to be a problem. I wish him well and hope he can find some peace some day.

Top Bottom