Maybe We Need a FOM on This Board

jamiche

Reaction score
I think I'm having a nightmare. Over the last two weeks it's as if Monson has returned to guide our gophers back into the oblivion. A totally disorganized perimeter based offense, a problem all year, and half hearted defensive efforts of late.

Maybe there is somebody out there who can provide us with all kinds of obscure statistics on Dan Monson. Maybe there is someone who can quote LBSU shooting statistics from the baseline. Maybe there is someone who can quote Gonzaga FT shooting percentages in the last two minutes of the game under Monson.

We need someone to teach us more about this great leader!

FOM?

Is this Friend of Moonlight, Jammer?

Ah yes, it is a nightmare, but hopefully we'll all wake up before the NW game.

Is this Friend of Moonlight, Jammer?

Ah yes, it is a nightmare, but hopefully we'll all wake up before the NW game.

It's an honor to be a Friend of Moonlight and, yes, I hope we wake up before the Northwestern game.

Don't worry, Jammer

ZTA is still here (just using a different moniker). Apparently he still pines for Monson and loves to throw brickbats at Tubby when possible. Seek the Truth, Jammer, seek the Truth. ;)

I think I'm having a nightmare. Over the last two weeks it's as if Monson has returned to guide our gophers back into the oblivion. A totally disorganized perimeter based offense, a problem all year, and half hearted defensive efforts of late.

Maybe there is somebody out there who can provide us with all kinds of obscure statistics on Dan Monson. Maybe there is someone who can quote LBSU shooting statistics from the baseline. Maybe there is someone who can quote Gonzaga FT shooting percentages in the last two minutes of the game under Monson.

We need someone to teach us more about this great leader!

The current Gopher coach is 39-21.

I don't recall Monson doing that over any 2 years.

Big difference, LBSU is tied for first in the Big West. Monson might be IN and it looks like the NIT for us. That would be cruel..... the irony. The Gangelhoff curse

The current Gopher coach is 39-21.

I don't recall Monson doing that over any 2 years.

Yes, yes, yes, FOT, we all agree that we are lucky to have Tubby. We know that he has improved at least the intermediate term prospects of the team, whether he stays or not.

My point is that since the Illinois game the team has looked remarkably similar to the teams that we have endured over the last nine or ten years (you weren't around). It feels like a step or two back, particularly on defense. The offense has been disorganized all year, but the defense has been solid and even inspiring at times. Now both ends look lackluster.

Yes, yes, yes, FOT, we all agree that we are lucky to have Tubby. We know that he has improved at least the intermediate term prospects of the team, whether he stays or not.

My point is that since the Illinois game the team has looked remarkably similar to the teams that we have endured over the last nine or ten years (you weren't around). It feels like a step or two back, particularly on defense. The offense has been disorganized all year, but the defense has been solid and even inspiring at times. Now both ends look lackluster.

Never said that. Gophers have played poorly since 2nd half of NWU game (I was there)

DID say you are fortunate Monson is elsewhere. And you are. He's in a better spot for him.

Those 3 Years' Records

18-14. 19-14. 18-13. 56%. 57%. 58%.

Vis-a-vis 39-21 over 2 years. 65%.

Most people consider 65% > 56% or 57% or 58%.

But perhaps Minnesota Math is different?

You picked less than two full years. I gave you less than two full years.

Top Bottom