Max's first career start.

balds

Reaction score
I've watched him closely, as I picked him up on one of my fantasy teams. I may be biased, but I think he's done a really good job. Made two nice catches and numerous solid blocks. Despite the starter (Gilmore) being out, he's only played about half the snaps. When they go 3 wide he comes out and 82 comes in (for blocking, i presume). It's clear that NFL S and OLB are a new world for him, but I think he will be a solid player.

Delanie Walker is the starter and a very good TE. He's currently injured- and Craig Stevens is the #2 followed by Anthony Fasano. Both have been around for quite awhile. Right now- Maxx is getting some PT in some packages, but when Walker (which should be next game because they have a bye this week) comes back I expect his PT will be even more limited. A some point this season, it would be nice to see him move up the Depth Chart to at least above Fasano. Walker is such a good pass catching TE, Maxx probably needs to improve his blocking to move up. Love Maxx- but there are way too many productive TE's out there to keep a 4th string TE on your fantasy team right now.

Maxx plays for Baltimore, not Tennessee. With Gilmore out, I thought he'd see a lot more action than he did.

Delanie Walker is the starter and a very good TE. He's currently injured- and Craig Stevens is the #2 followed by Anthony Fasano. Both have been around for quite awhile. Right now- Maxx is getting some PT in some packages, but when Walker (which should be next game because they have a bye this week) comes back I expect his PT will be even more limited. A some point this season, it would be nice to see him move up the Depth Chart to at least above Fasano. Walker is such a good pass catching TE, Maxx probably needs to improve his blocking to move up. Love Maxx- but there are way too many productive TE's out there to keep a 4th string TE on your fantasy team right now.

Ummmm......
You wouldn't want to enter a high-stakes, one on one, draft kings contest would you?

..... huh?

Wow...I was off on that one wasn't I? Take a picture...someone on this board is admitting they were wrong. Not sure why I had it stuck in my brain he was with Tennessee.

That is a nice breakdown of the Tennessee Titans TE situation though!

Wow...I was off on that one wasn't I? Take a picture...someone on this board is admitting they were wrong. Not sure why I had it stuck in my brain he was with Tennessee.

Maybe you just got Maxx's team mixed-up with David Cobb's?

I think he dives to much. Has to run through the ball more. High point the ball.

this is a confusing ass thread. who is max? i know of a maxx williams. and he plays for baltimore, not tennessee. :confused:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

wait!what?

I didn't "listen" to DougMN's post, I read it. Am I still dumber? That could be risky.

I watched the game last night and replayed several plays a few times to watch Maxx. He is certainly not their main option, but I think he's becoming more and more involved. I was surprised at how big he looked, especially in the blocking portion. He's legit and will have a good career.

You could tell Maxx was putting in good effort too which was great to see. He would come off blocks run down the field after the running back and try to push he further after he was stood up. There was another time he finished his block on a safety/cb all the wait out of bounds. If he keeps doing stuff like that he'll get more playing time. The backs were running right into holes he was helping create and they were getting big yards.

So allegedly Gilmore one the starting spot because Maxx was her at the beginning of the season I wonder if Maxx has a chance to reclaim the soul starter at tight end in Baltimore after his play last couple weeks.

Tight end is a tough position for a rookie to do well when generally take some time for them to get the professional size body. Give Maxx a few years in the weight room and he could have Gronkowski type numbers. No?

Sets down maroon colored glasses

I thought he looked a lot better as a blocker. To my eye, it looks like he's gained 10 pounds. Doesn't look quite as lean at the waist has he did last year.

So allegedly Gilmore one the starting spot because Maxx was her at the beginning of the season I wonder if Maxx has a chance to reclaim the soul starter at tight end in Baltimore after his play last couple weeks.

Tight end is a tough position for a rookie to do well when generally take some time for them to get the professional size body. Give Maxx a few years in the weight room and he could have Gronkowski type numbers. No?

Sets down maroon colored glasses

Early happy hour?

That is a nice breakdown of the Tennessee Titans TE situation though!

Unfortunately, it's not even a nice breakdown.

1. Delanie Walker is already back. He had 7 catches for 68 yards on Sunday.

2. Craig Stevens is not the #2, it's Anthony Fasano. This is evidenced by the depth chart on their website, as well as the proof in the pudding (when Walker was out, Fasano had 47 snaps and Stevens had 30. Fasano ended up with 5 catches on 7 targets, Stevens had 1 catch on 2 targets).

That said, it's a moot point because Stevens is the inline blocking tight end, while Anthony Fasano is the receiving tight end.

Top Bottom