MAX SHIKENJANSKI QB1 2024 REPLACING DREW DOG

Nothing against him but I hope not. Need competition. Maybe he wins out and is the #1 guy but he can't go into the season as the #1 guy automatically.

Can't wait for another "new" guy. Another guy with no experience. AK had no blocking or receivers who could run routes. What will a new guy do to improve that?
And receivers soaked there hands in Crisco for most games.

He did beat out Jacob Knuth as a true freshman. I look forward to seeing how he develops.

Can't wait for another "new" guy. Another guy with no experience. AK had no blocking or receivers who could run routes. What will a new guy do to improve that?
I think there is plenty of blame to go around on many fronts regarding the Gopher passing game. Having gone to all the home games (where one can see the entire field), I would say that much of the time the Gopher receivers had no separation from their defenders and the Gophers must have led the Big Ten in receiver drops. And the pass blocking left a lot to be desired, but there also were many badly thrown balls, bad qb decisions, etc. I think both the coaching staff and AK realize that this is not going to get any easier next year and that the overall fit is not the best

Was he part of a package deal just to get his Uber talented running back teammate to come here? In any regards him leaving makes Taylor leaving a virtual certainty.

Throw an accurate touch pass?

Shikenjanski has to go on the jersey for Gopher fans. No "Max". The family name is one of the finest in Gopher sports history. Should be a NIL gold mine.

The longest words that can be made from Shikenjanski are 'kinkiness' and 'snakeskin'

After all those running plays and punts maybe it's time to try some snakeskin kinkiness

I know he’s not the highest rated guy but I still have a weird feeling about Shikenjanski. Maybe it’s because I (probably) saw him outside Fenway Park with his dad when he was around 8 years old. The old man was super tall and they both had on Shikenjanski Twins jerseys. Recognized that name instantly. It needs to go on the QB1 jersey now!

Shikenjanski has to go on the jersey for Gopher fans. No "Max". The family name is one of the finest in Gopher sports history. Should be a NIL gold mine.

The longest words that can be made from Shikenjanski are 'kinkiness' and 'snakeskin'

After all those running plays and punts maybe it's time to try some snakeskin kinkiness

I know he’s not the highest rated guy but I still have a weird feeling about Shikenjanski. Maybe it’s because I (probably) saw him outside Fenway Park with his dad when he was around 8 years old. The old man was super tall and they both had on Shikenjanski Twins jerseys. Recognized that name instantly. It needs to go on the QB1 jersey now!
My only question is how did he only end up 6'2"? Otherwise, you have convinced me, I'm all in on him, until he hits the portal.

This is probably the most amazing post I’ve ever read. Count me in.

Dad was part of the Iron Five, wasn't he? Gopher bloodlines are strong. Max throws a nice ball. Could use some more weight, I think.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around on many fronts regarding the Gopher passing game. Having gone to all the home games (where one can see the entire field), I would say that much of the time the Gopher receivers had no separation from their defenders and the Gophers must have led the Big Ten in receiver drops. And the pass blocking left a lot to be desired, but there also were many badly thrown balls, bad qb decisions, etc. I think both the coaching staff and AK realize that this is not going to get any easier next year and that the overall fit is not the best
This is true. For me it comes down to this... when things break down, your qb ideally can extend the play a bit, break contain, and allow receivers to get some separation at that point. Athan did not do that, at least consistently. Tanner didn't do it either but he did indeed have better protection. There are NFL QBs who can't extend plays either but they almost always are laser-accurate with their throws. See Kirk Cousins. Athan was neither. He showed glimpses of accuracy but was just brutal other times.

Top Bottom